Royal Oak sale Ace Hardware

Dang,
I really got excited until I read "briquettes".
icon_frown.gif

Love the RO Lump.

Last time I tried Lump it sparked everywhere it was like a 4th of july gone haywire.

I've been hearing a lot about kingsford and it's fillers, is this royal oak stuff briquette cleaner?

The Royal Oak briquettes are great. Like
briquettes should be. No foul odors, no
UFO fillers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Furdyn:
Royal Oak Charcoal "Briquettes" are on sale at Ace hardware $4.99/18lbs. In this mornings ACE hardware Flyer. John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Much Thanks Bud for the heads up on the RO.
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Dang:
Last time I tried Lump it sparked everywhere it was like a 4th of july gone haywire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I've tried and tried and tried and I just don't like lump. I also don't like the ashy mess it makes and how fast it burns out.
Guess I'll always be a "briquette guy".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R.D. Harles:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Dang:
Last time I tried Lump it sparked everywhere it was like a 4th of july gone haywire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I've tried and tried and tried and I just don't like lump. I also don't like the ashy mess it makes and how fast it burns out.
Guess I'll always be a "briquette guy". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmm, Guess you haven't tried a good lump then. Some spark alot while others hardly at all. Ashy mess? I don't get that one.
icon_confused.gif

At the Ace here in beautiful, downtown Mukwonago, WI the Royal Oak was $5.99 per 18lb bag last night.
icon_frown.gif

I wanted to try it, but will wait for a sale.

Jim

Jim
Sorry about that. My flyer here in N. Eastern Pa. indicates $4.99/18lbs. thru 5/19. Guess it must depend on the location. John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Bakic:
At the Ace here in beautiful, downtown Mukwonago, WI the Royal Oak was $5.99 per 18lb bag last night.
icon_frown.gif

I wanted to try it, but will wait for a sale.

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok but.......... I went to my closest ACE because of gas prices and they had none, as usual (lame store). The next nearest ACE is 15 miles one way so that would be about $11.00 in gas round trip. I'm opting to go to Lowes 1 mile away and pay $6.99 a 20 lb bag and make out better than going to the next ACE and paying all that coin for gas.
icon_wink.gif

Here's my point. It cost me $4.00 for gas to go home empty/no charcoal.
icon_frown.gif

There really is something to the brand of lump you use. The first times I tried lump I used Cowboy and then the Kingsford Charwood. I had the same experience of tons of sparking and very short burn time as compared to briquettes. Then for some reason I tried Royal Oak lump (American made). No sparking or at least no different than briquettes. Great length of burn. Faster starting. Hotter and much, much less ash.

If you haven't already tried the Royal Oak (RO) lump (American made), maybe give it a shot for comparison.

my local ace has it for 4.99 too. i didn't buy any yesterday b/c i have 2 bags of kingford left but maybe i'll try it. actually, the real reason is, i didn't think any of the others were as good as kingsford, that's always been my favorite.

kingsford is near the bottom as far as i'm concerned. junk and expensive. unless you buy from costco, etc. but still bad stuff.

The ACE by me had 1 small bag of RO briquettes. One! I asked hey have you got anymore? He pointed me too 2 other small bags of Kingsford and he said that was it. I left empty handed

Just got back from Ace bought 3 more bags Royal Oak briquettes, @ $4.99. Called before i went was told they have 17 bags, got there 15 minutes later 7 bags on the shelf. Maybe they had 10 in the back room who knows ? today is the last day for the sale price per their flyer. Good Luck John

Back