Mike Mills' BBQ Restaurant in Vegas

David Savona

TVWBB Member
Thanks to my Weber (and this BB) I now cook very good BBQ. I do an awful lot of ribs, and my whole family loves my pork shoulder, done using the Renown Mr. Brown recipe. I have yet to try brisket.

I'm going to Las Vegas in early November for a business weekend, and I've heard of Mike Mills' BBQ restaurant, Memphis Championship Barbecue. Has anyone eaten there? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth a detour while I'm in Sin City. Is it good? Great? Not worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about Mike Mill's restaurant, but here is a Vegas version of my favorite BBQ place:

Salt Lick

If it's anything like the original, it's worth checking out.

I plan on checking out the original Saltlick this weekend it will be my first visit. The stone fireplaces are for show the real cooking is done with Southernprides.

Try both Salt Lick and Memphis Championship BBQ if you can't get enough que.

I have been to both. Both are good.

Being from Memphis, I have to favor Mike's as my favorites though. Guy has won multiple Memphis in May Champonships.

My wife and I use to love to go there when we lived in Vegas. It was actually the restaurant that got me interested in learning to do it myself (plus finding this awesome website). We loved to get the potato skins with pulled pork, the dipping sauce was really good.

The bad news is that the last time we went we weren't that impressed. Could have been remembering it better than it was or just the freshness of doing it yourself has spoiled the both of us.

While we were there, some friends took us to another BBQ place in a newer mall near Anthem (just south of the Vegas strip). I can't remember the name, but we enjoyed it a lot, but it was on the expensive side. I'll have to get back to you about the name. Hope this helps.

Found it - Lucille's Smokehouse

Back