First cook with a Guru

Steve Carter

I'm planning my first pork butt cook using my new Guru Nano-Q control. I've had success with baby back ribs and am ready for a trial cook of an 8lb. butt. Plan to use a foil lined, empty or possibly sand filled water pan. I will likely use a good lump charcoal. I'm particularly interested in advice on firing the WSB (will use Weber charcoal chimney), amount of fuel, and related temp matters. I will be cooking overnight in 30 degree temps.

All replies appreciated.

Don't overstress.
It's a forgiving cook, I'm sure the guru will work as advertised - just remember to make sure it has control, that is the airflow is shut off apart from the guru control.
Enjoy it, look busy if you need to, keep a record so you know (a little) better for next time and let us know how it went.
Believe me - it'll work well.
btw - I'd avoid using anything in the pan - it'll confuse the guru. (edited for typos)

Steve I would love to know your outcome with pics of course. I've been considering the NANO-Q for a while now and would love to here a review of it. I just cant bring myself to put out the money for the next unit up in size.

Back