Food Saver Quick Marinade

T Waite

TVWBB Super Fan
Found a couple of old threads about this device, not much since then. I suppose that it likely to mean people don't use them, but figured I'd give it a shot.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Not one-and-done, but tried it until they gave it a fair shake?

I am thinking along the lines of tenderizing meat for kabobs.

To be quite honest, I'd never heard of it till you asked about it in this post.

Most people on the foodsaver ca. site love it
http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/accessories/foodsaver-quick-marinator/T02-0050-01.html

I tend to pay more attention to the negative reviews (12% on the amazon site) more so than the positive though. Just to be aware of possible downsides.

Here's amazon's
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005OTXS/tvwb-20

It seems to be cheap enough to get it if time savings are your goal. I'd be concerned about the "cracking under pressure" aspect as well as the company's "non-responsiveness" to cracking issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I did see the reviews, and like you don't put much stock in those at the company's website. But I also subscribe to the theory that most people who are satisfied with a product won't take the time to do a review, while many people who are dissatisfied will make their voice heard. Based on that and the 12%, I was hoping to hear right from a horse's mouth. I suspect the 12% of reviews is way, way lower of the overall.

At any rate, proper planning negates the need!

I agree 100%.

In theory, "pressurizing" the marinade seems like a good idea. In practise, dunno. I guess no one else knows either. Maybe, marinate the same way some of us do with a butt-->cut slits in the meat to allow the spices/marinade to enter (and also to create more bark when smoking/cooking).

I read one review that said when the vacuum was applied the chicken thighs he had in the canister swelled up. Obviously not swelling but a reaction to the lower air pressure. It seems to me that if that happens the pores in the meat can't help but increase in size, and so logically it follows that more liquid would get in the meat.

I have a coupon from Foodsaver, I might just be a guinea pig on this one. The idea is intriguing.

One option would be to add a few more 'pores', using a Jaccard, before vacuum marinating.

Back