Ivation (Maverick) warranty?

RCMuck

Has anyone had a warranty experience with Ivation? I have a unit I got for Christmas that has been great, however the grill temp sensor separated from the lead. I packed it up with a cover letter and sent to Ivation in New Jersey over a month ago and have not had a replacement much less any response.

Do they actually honor the warranty? I provided details plus my address and contact info (phone, email, etc.) and the silence is deafening!

If they don't respond does anyone have a recommendation for an equivalent unit that will provide meat and smoker temps remotely?

myivation.com/manual/Ivation%20Wireless%20BBQ%20Manual%20EN%202013-05-23%20A.pdf

LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
C&A Marketing, Inc. warrants the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer to be free of defects in parts, materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. Should any repairs or servicing under this warranty be required, Contact C&A Marketing Inc. and ship the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer to the C&A Marketing Inc. service center located as follows:
C&A Marketing Returns Department
2 Bergen Turnpike.
Reidgfiled Park, NJ 07660
Tel: 201-881-1900
Email Info@myivation.com
www.myivation.com
Do not send any parts or product to C&A Marketing, Inc. without obtaining a Return Authorization Number and instructions. This warranty is VOID if instructions for use are not followed; for accidental damage; for commercial use; for damage incurred while in transit; or if the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer has been tampered with. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Distributed by
C&A Marketing
2 Bergen Turnpike.

myivation.com/manual/Ivation%20Wireless%20BBQ%20Manual%20EN%202013-05-23%20A.pdf

LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
C&A Marketing, Inc. warrants the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer to be free of defects in parts, materials and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. Should any repairs or servicing under this warranty be required, Contact C&A Marketing Inc. and ship the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer to the C&A Marketing Inc. service center located as follows:
C&A Marketing Returns Department
2 Bergen Turnpike.
Tel: 201-881-1900
Email Info@myivation.com
www.myivation.com
Do not send any parts or product to C&A Marketing, Inc. without obtaining a Return Authorization Number and instructions. This warranty is VOID if instructions for use are not followed; for accidental damage; for commercial use; for damage incurred while in transit; or if the Ivation Wireless BBQ Thermometer has been tampered with. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Distributed by
C&A Marketing
2 Bergen Turnpike.

Well obviously that shows how poor my reading comprehension is! However I still would have expected them to reply. I will go the email route and see if they will respond.

So far phone calls (you can only leave a message) mail and email have gotten no response. While I screwed up and didn't get an "RMA" before I returned the item, the lack of return communication doesn't make me warm and fuzzy that they would have responded to inquiries to issue an RMA!

So I guess I write off C&A and their brands.

So any suggestions for a replacement?

So far phone calls (you can only leave a message) mail and email have gotten no response. While I screwed up and didn't get an "RMA" before I returned the item, the lack of return communication doesn't make me warm and fuzzy that they would have responded to inquiries to issue an RMA!

So I guess I write off C&A and their brands.

So any suggestions for a replacement?

How are you supposed to get an RMA if they won't answer their phones or emails?!?

Back