Meat Slicer

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Hey guys,
My folks are going to get us a meat slicer for Christmas.And we are always slicing meat of some kind.
I wanted to know what brand of meat slicer does everyone recommend? Something that is good for the money and well worth it.
Thanks for your help,
Russ

I have the Chef Choice 615, albeit for a short time and my only slicer, but it has been working well with the blade that came with it (serrated). I have used it to cut paper thin prosciutto to cutting my homemade bacon and breads. Has worked well, no complains really there.

I have one from Cabelas, 10" blade made by Chefs Choice. I use it mostly to slice frozen Venison for jerky. I did have one with a 7" serrated blade many years ago that died. If the one I have now (6 years) ever dies I would not go back to the smaller one.

Thanks guys,
We ordered one from Cabela's the other day. Got a 8.6" Pro Series Food Slicer.
Can't wait to give it a try when it gets here.
russ

We also went to Cabelas for our meat slicer. We purchased the 8.6" Commercial Grade Cabelas meat slicer. So far we're very happy with it. I've only used it once so far, for a sirloin tip roast that we sliced thin for sandwichs, it worked great and I was able to slice very thin pieces with it. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a slicer.

Last edited:

Back