Fellow Smoker!

Nick Cosby

TVWBB Fan
Hi, my name is Nick and I was just recently (yesterday) given a 22 1/2" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for my Graduation, Christmas, and 30th Birthday from my dad. It added to a basic Weber christmas for me getting a set of Gloves, Rib Rack, a small veggie tray, and a cover for my One Touch 26 3/4" which I've had since 2010. I do have a couple questions, 1) I've done a bit of looking of different ways people smoke briskets and such and keep coming across some people calling the briskets, "Packer Briskets" what does this mean?, I've looked up meat terminology and yet to find out what this means. Also, if I were to smoke two briskets at the same time would it be more efficient to have them both on the same rack or one on top rack one on bottom rack and if so, would i place both in center of rack or off to the sides?

Welcome aboard Nick! Instead of trying to explain everything you should go to the cooking topics which gives you step by step instructions on all different types of cooks, etc. I found this when I
first started out and it helped tremendously!

ok, figured out the "packer" term, now what about cooking more than one brisket or any piece of meat having to use the bottom rack goes, is there a special arrangement or should I simply place them centered and smoke away?

ok, figured out the "packer" term, now what about cooking more than one brisket or any piece of meat having to use the bottom rack goes, is there a special arrangement or should I simply place them centered and smoke away?

Welcome Nick. Put that hunk of meat on the rack at 250 and let it go until she hits 200 degrees and is like butter. Enjoy!!!!

p.s. I think a Packer brisket is made in Green Bay. Not sure on that. :p

on my first brisket ever, which was about october of this year I used my one touch and it took about 18hrs and I followed my dads recipe and tips the way he has done it for years on a side box smoker, and every hour i believe basted it.

Hi Nick and welcome aboard.

A packer is a full brisket, including the flat and the point.

Put the bigger one on the bottom rack and the smaller one on the top rack, both in the center.

Bob

Back