Gloves - Welding or Baseball...

M Morrill

TVWBB Member
Just kidding. I just started using a dutch oven and need to invest in a pair of welding gloves. Heading to Lowes tomorrow to see what they have. Has anyone found something that works well? Hope I am not asking something that has been run into the ground.

Mike

I have some Harbor Freight welding gloves too and I think they suck for what I use them for. I have to take the glove off and double it up to take a CI pan off of the grill

I got the red leather pair from Lowes as a Christmas gift a few years back. Love 'em! Great for removing finished meats and lifting/removing grates from the smoker. I'm just getting started in the world of CI, but I would not hesitate to put these gloves on and lift a skillet or Dutch oven from the grill. Good luck, and let us know where your search ends up.
Tim

Just because they say welding gloves doesn't mean they are all made the same. There are some thin leather cheap ones that will protect you're hands> wrists from sparks and can handle moderate heat transfer.
I have a pair of really heavy duty fireplace gloves that I use on CI, but even those can transfer heat if I'm not quick.
Most of the time I do like John, just fold them over.

Tim

Back