Weber Compact Rapidfire Chimney Starter

Will this be sold at big box stores or only on line ?? It says shipping only to US, I would like to pick up one of these if availalble.

Will this be sold at big box stores or only on line ?? It says shipping only to US, I would like to pick up one of these if availalble.
Not sure Dave. If on-line only i'll let you know when I order one to my "US address" and see if you still want one.

What?!! I want it! Anybody have it yet, have any thoughts? I have a tough time lighting the smaller amount of briquettes for minion method, this might be perfect. Thanks for posting this and the other thread link!

Laura

I have a tough time lighting the smaller amount of briquettes for minion method, this might be perfect.
Have you tried inverting your chimney? That's what I do, starting with half a Weber starter cube in the bottom and the briquets stacked on top of it.

Richard - that is a great idea. When I BBQ I'm like a military general (or more like a sea captain, really), all my troops are lined up with perfect timing with my battle attack plan. But I have the hardest time getting those little batch of briquettes to light to go along with my careful plans. I have tried inverting and tons of other stuff but I never thought to put half a Weber starter cub in the actual bottom like that. Brilliant, thank you!

I ordered this chimney, by the way - I grill a ton with my Smokey Joe when I am not doing big cooks, BBQ or having friends over. It should come in 5 or 6 weeks, I'll come back and let you know how I like it!

Laura

Have you tried inverting your chimney? That's what I do, starting with half a Weber starter cube in the bottom and the briquets stacked on top of it.
I also use the inverting method but usually just use a propane torch to get it going, will try a 1/2 cube next time.

Richard - that is a great idea. When I BBQ I'm like a military general (or more like a sea captain, really), all my troops are lined up with perfect timing with my battle attack plan. But I have the hardest time getting those little batch of briquettes to light to go along with my careful plans. I have tried inverting and tons of other stuff but I never thought to put half a Weber starter cub in the actual bottom like that. Brilliant, thank you!

I ordered this chimney, by the way - I grill a ton with my Smokey Joe when I am not doing big cooks, BBQ or having friends over. It should come in 5 or 6 weeks, I'll come back and let you know how I like it!

Laura

What I do is wrap either five or ten pieces of charcoal in some cardboard and then place it at the bottom of the burn chamber. I use more cardboard placed underneath to lite the stuff. The greatest thing about cardboard is that it burns really HOT and does a fine job of lighting the charcoal.

Got one and love it doing short cooks ...can't wait to take it for tailgating and camping. ....should travel much better with the smokey joe!

Back