Compact Chimney Starter

That is very interesting! I wonder what kind of consumer feedback lead to this smaller sized unit? It will be interesting to see how this new one sells.

Regards,
Chris

Sort of a specialized market, but certainly ideal for use with a Smokey Joe or maybe those doing a lot of dutch oven cooking while camping. I am sure I will end up with one eventually, just to play with if nothing else.

Here is a comparison of the dimensions based on Amazon:

Compact: 10.5 x 8 x 5.8 inches

Regular: 13.2 x 8.2 x 12.7 inches

That is very interesting! I wonder what kind of consumer feedback lead to this smaller sized unit? It will be interesting to see how this new one sells.

Regards,
Chris
It was designed for the Smokey Joes.

I found this info on another forum. Other new item links were posted but they weren't for Amazon. I thinks I posted the correct link so this sight gets credit. If it needs to be changed, feel free.

They must have seen our posts about using the Ikea cutlery rack. This might be great for a mini-Minion cook. Any word on how many coals it holds?

I ordered it! I will let you know how it goes! I often grill on my Smokey Joe, I'm very excited for this.

It's supposed to get in here in about 5 weeks.

Laura

In Europe there's a company called Ecobrasa, that sells charcoal, but they also sell 2 styles of chimney:

1kg version:
b_63.jpg

2kg version:
1200039KL.jpg

They're not the same as the one from OP; but it should give you an idea of how the smaller weber starter would be like.. just a bit thinner and shorter than the full-fledged one.

I have never considered a charcoal chimney to be either adorable or cute before, but I sure want one of these. I think it is a probably a pretty practical size for a number of jobs like starting coals for the Minion Method.

Wonder if someone who has both would do a side by side test to see if there is any significant difference in which on lights an equal number of coals faster. Sure would be an interesting data point.

Back