Illinois > Chicago: Chicago Q

Mike McK

Great atmosphere and quality food. Lee Ann Whippen is the Chef/Partner of Chicago Q. I’ve seen her on the BBQ Pit Masters, so I had to try the “Competition" St. Louis Full Slab. At $33.75 a rack, it was a bit pricey, but it was worth it!

Mike

WSM 22.5”, OTG 22.5”, Genesis S-320, Char-Griller Outlaw

Chicago Q
1160 N. Dearborn
Phone: 312.642.1160
Fax: 312.642.1161
http://chicagoqrestaurant.com

City prices - $33.75 for a full rack - they had better be darn good!
Out here in the 'burbs there are places where you can get 2 racks for that price.
Haven't been out to eat 'cue at any of my suburban favorite barbecue places for a couple of months but I think full rack STL cut were $22.95 and I thought that was getting pricey.
I rarely eat ribs out - both places I go most frequently, Uncle Bub's in Westmont and Sweet Baby Ray's in Wood Dale, both have great tips and that's what I order.

now please tell me... why 10 bucks more for "Competition" ribs...?

and WHY two styles of prepared ribs...?

Are their "regular" ribs only fit for "regular" people and their "Competition" ribs for thee Elite?
icon_confused.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

only in chicago.
I'll sit my sorry a** in a milwaukee joint than drive thru the tolls and get r**** in illinoy

Well considering it's in the "Gold Coast" area you're going to pay up the nose for even a doughnut.
Not the prices most of us "regular" folkes would pay, but Mike enjoyed it, and thought it was worth it, to give it a plug.

Tim

Back