Pasta salad

Bob Sample

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm cooking for 60 people in 2 weeks and they want pasta salad. I'm cooking RSC thighs and BBQ chicken thighs. I'm making a mango salad with fresh greens,veggies and a raspberry-vinaigrette dressing but honestly I've never made a pasta salad and never really tasted on that knocked me out.

This is the first time I'm cooking for a group when I'm not doing it for cost/fun and the people attending could possible get me a lot of future cooks.

I know I'm asking a lot but I need a salad that makes your mouth go WOW. Has to be meatless though.

Thanks

Hey Bob, mayonnaise base or vinegar based? Don Cash posted on April 20th ---Italian chicken thighs--- a great side dish of pasta salad from Cooks Country. Do a search for pasta salad and you will see the recipe. Seems easy and all of their recipes are good. Maybe do a taste test run, and try the recipe.

Well Here is an old family favorite. Fast easy and super tasty. You can add whatever you like and offcourse take away the bacon. Grilled bell would be great in it. But it has a sourcream base,and if it´s served outside with poor cooling under a long time i would go with a vinegar based one.

Yeah I'm thinking an oil/vinegar based one. I had already checked yours out Daniel it looks good.

Recently we have been on a kick of a different type of pasta salad. Its orzo based and then cherry tomatos, motz cheese, and basil with a basamlic vinager dressing. Fantastic if you are looking for something different.

Back