Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Adamson's French Dip
806 W. El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
408-830-9024
www.adamsonsfrenchdip.com

The San Jose Mercury News had a restaurant review of this place last week and I stopped by for lunch today.

Owner Greg Adamson is cooking prime rib and top sirloin over oak wood in a JR Enterprises smoker, then trimming it down into small chunks and slicing it real thin in a meat slicer. Served on a toasted, soft French roll with au jus and horseradish on the side.

I had the prime rib dip, and it was AWESOME! The smokey flavor really came through without overpowering the meat. The au jus was nice without being too salty.

Other sammies include tri-tip, prime rib, chicken breast, and pork butt served with BBQ sauce.

I had the super-crispy french fries sprinkled with flakey salt. Onion rings, beans, tater salad, and cole slaw are also available. A small selection of desserts are also on the menu. They had a really big selection of bottled root beers available, many I had never seen before.

I was there during the lunch rush, and the tiny dining room was packed and people were lined up to the door. Still, owner Greg was running around with a bucket and wash cloth keeping the place sparkling clean. Clean always impresses me.

If you're in the area, drop by for some really good food. You won't be disappointed.

IMG_1842_zps52eab093.jpg

IMG_18431_zps560988a1.jpg

IMG_18481_zps8f309f6d.jpg

IMG_18471_zpscd05dc20.jpg

AwwMan Chris, this place sounds sensational! ...and you, my friend, should write a review for them!
icon_biggrin.gif

Their menu is so easy to choose from, (I'll take one of each
icon_razz.gif
) and so simple... the southern Milwaukee/northern Racine area NEEDS a place like this.

Dang-it so many fast food places these days and all the "family" owned GREAT-FOOD joints died.
ShameShameShame someone can't invent a time machine.

now i'm gettin' hungry...

I was in town last week and took Chris' advice. FANTASTIC. Glad I checked this thread. I can't do any better than Chris, but I can say everything he said was spot on!

Mmmm good.

Stopped by on our way to San Francisco.

Add a topping to bring the sandwich to the next level.

I've been a couple of time recently. Still as popular as ever, still as good as ever. Don't forget to ask for horseradish on the side. A little goes a long way...

Since my original post, they have changed the french fries from "sprinkled with flakey salt" to sprinkled with seasoned salt. Still nice and crispy.

They now offer their own Adamson's brand of root beer and orange soda.

Regards,
Chris

I was born & raised in San Jose...Sure wish Adamson's was there before i moved, Sad thing was we where just back there and i forgot about this place lol

Back