Virginia > Richmond: Buzz & Ned's

Darrell J.

TVWBB Fan
I've been to this spot probably four or five times in the past year. It's right in the middle of Richmond, VA. The pulled pork is good, but I must say that the spare ribs are some of the best I've had in the mid-atlantic region. I am very picky about my barbecue since most of the time I cook on my own, but these guys are legit. Very large commercial smoker outside the restaurant (stacks of wood nearby) which has outdoor seating and indoor seating. No boiling of meat at this establishment.

If you're heading down I-95, I recommend stopping by Buzz & Ned's. It's probably only about 10 minutes from the exit and you gotta eat! :)

If you're curious about them, check out Man vs Food. I'm pretty sure you can find the episode on Netflix when the host visited the restaurant.

http://www.buzandneds.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Darrell,

I agree with you on Buzz & Ned's spares. I think they grill them after smoking to give them some char and the sauce is heavy with molasses. Some of the best I've had from a restaurant.

Jim

There is a second location less than a mile off of I-64's Parham Rd exit. Same great food, larger dining room. Pulled pork is good (mine is better) but the ribs are excellent.

Back