Cuisinart cookware

I have 4 qt Cusinart sauce pan and use it almost every day.It is great.If I had the money I'd buy the whole set!!! I have/had for about 10 years the Wolfgang Puck Bistro set which is suitable and has done well but I really like the Cuisinart!!!

Ben

Dennis,

If you do get the set: please post back with your opinion/observations.... Thanks!

I have the set, got it from Sams. I love it, and use it almost exclusively. Consistent even heat, and super easy to keep clean. Well worth the money that was spent on it!

I've read the reviews that people sometimes claim that they "tarnish" after one use.

If you get them, try a splash of lemon juice on a damp cloth. No scrubbing, stain is gone instantly.

I don't have them yet, they are scheduled to ship to me 06/29/2012. I really can't complain, as they are a free 20 year service award from work.

I have a set of the hard annodized(sp)non stick ones. Nice weight,suppose to be totally scratch resistant and a life time warrinty. I like them myself. I don't know how to use all stainless.

Mine are the SS ones, not the non stick. I was afraid of that, because I learned to cook on non stick. There are a few tarnish marks on mine, but that is from cooking highly acidic sauces over long times...think Sunday gravy spaghetti sauce. As far as cleaning, I put some hot water and dish soap into them after cooking whatever. Come dishes time they some clean with usually no more than a rag in the soapy water. And this is in pans that go from the range to the oven...baked on caked on crap and everything!

Will never go back to the cheapo pans that I was using. Well worth the investment!

I have had a chance to use most of them, and I am Impressed. The set is well made and very sturdy. I did not see any signs of them tarnishing, they heat evenly with less heat, very easy to clean. The entire set weighed in at 28 pounds. I will be adding to this collection.

I have some Cuisinart multiclad and love it. Not that particular set, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Most of my cookware is All Clad, but the Cuisinart is very similar and for the pots, with there rounded edges, possibly better than All Clad.

Very good gear for someone that likes their food.

It's a decent set..as with most sets sometimes some items are not ideal.

I think many people may benefit form a 12 in skillet or saute pan versus the 8 in.

You don't need or get any advantage with multi clad construction for straight sided pots and saute pans... disk bottom works just as well.

For the slope sided skillets, there can be a benefit with multi clad but more so on gas stove tops.

There is a very detailed online article about cookware construction at this link.

I may be mistaken but I believe, Demeyere is the only manufacturer that sells sets with different construction.

We have an older electric stove so we just have a mismatch of cheaper disk bottom pots and pans.

All commercial kitchens I worked in use straight aluminum cookware.

Back