How much sauce?

Kevin

Hope this is in the right forum.

I am doing pulled pork for about 75 people in a few weeks, but I want to make my own BBQ sauces for this event. I have made BBQ sauce before for small BBQ's, but my question is how much sauce should I make for that many people? I plan on doing 3 different sauces....a carolina sauce, a sweet and spicy sauce, and a kansas city sauce.....any suggestions on how much to make would be appreciated....thanks in advance!

I am going to guess 6 oz per person. That would be 3, 2 oz styles per person. Got room for one more guest? That is if it is on the side. I assume you are not saucing the meat prior to service.

Mark

If you are filling up small containers, then 2 oz is a good size. Now the question becomes: how much of each style do I need for 75 people?
I can tell you when we cater, we usually have 3/4 of the person count for each sauce. Here you have to keep in mind that if you hand them out, you control the amount. If it is grab for your self, figure on 25% more waste.

good point on handing them out in controlled amounts, that will definitely help i think. and i am not serving sauce on the pork, people can add it if they want to....even though i don't think they should :)

i am guessing that more people will go with the regular bbq sauce, i'm going to do a pineapple habanero sauce for the sweet and spicy one and guessing some will stay away from it....

thanks for the suggestion of about 2 ounces per sauce per person....that'll help me quite a bit

Back