chicken fettuccini alfredo

Jarrod S.

TVWBB Member
Hey all,

I'm going to be preparing chicken alfredo for a wedding rehearsal with about 60 folks and I would appreciate imput on some of the preparations,

First I'm looking for a decent sautee recipe for the chicken breasts, my thought was to marinate them in

evoo
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
a small amount of lemon juice

I'm going to pound them down to about 3/4 inch, sautee until browned, and then slice them and serve them separate from the sauce and noodles so people can add as they wish.

Does anyone have other thoughts on a marinade that would be complimentary to Fettuccine Alfredo? If anyone has had Chile's Cajun Chicken Pasta I wanted the chickens taste profile and texture to mimic that minus the cajun rub

Secondly we were contemplating additional sides that could enhance the dish, garnishes such as

fresh chopped basil,
prosciutto (cubed and briefly cooked)
minced tomato etc.

any thoughts would be welcomed!

Well, I wouldn't marinate the chicken and I wouldn't serve it separately. (I'd season before sautéing, sauté one side, flip, then finish in the oven.) It will hold better and remain juicier in the sauce.

I don't do chains and have no idea what Chili's does but it's likely their breasts are vac-marinated or injected with a phosphate solution. Not my thing.

Prosciutto is a good idea but I'd neither cube it nor cook it. I'd have very thinly sliced then would shred the slices or cut then crosswise finely. Fluff then pile on a plate.

Diced tomatoes, a basil chiffonade, an olive tapenade (or finely chopped olives), grilled or roasted asparagus tips, sautéed mushrooms, additional freshly grated Parmagiano would be ideas for the add-ins.

Back