Grill Light

Jeff,there are several. Weber makes a light that mounts on the handle. There are others that site on the side and have a goose neck to put the light where you need it. Others have used a bicycle light on the handle!

Jeff , the best thing I did for winter cooking, was install my "stadium lights"
Have about $60 in them, plus cost of wiring.

4cde31a7.jpg

The Weber handle lights work very well on my dad's Summit, so well that I'm getting the Silver B version for Christmas.

Old light from the old office. Now I use it when I work on cars and bbq.

Just can't use it when it is raining
icon_smile.gif

wsmlight.jpg

I have adjusted two exterior lights under my eaves to shine on the deck and illuminate the grill / wsm area. Works great.
Ray

I have a coleman lantern that I set on a nearby picnic table. (The modern kind with a rechargeable battery and a twisty bulb). It's OK but at some point I'll probably upgrade the exterior lights.

I use a LED headband flashlight that I had in my camping box. Kids make fun of me but it works great. I think I paid $24 for it. Now I keep it in the cabinet under my gasser.

I was grilling a stuffed pork loin tonight,and noticed that I can't quite see the temp when I checked for doneness. Gonna have to invest in some sort of handle light for the Genesis. Or put some sort of light over the pergola to shine on the grills. It's not too bad in the summer when it stays light until 8 or so,but at 6:30,I was having a hard time seeing the thermo. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Heck, I just use a cheap "Trouble Light" from any hardware store:

SL371406sm.jpg

Works for me, anyway...
icon_smile.gif

Barret

Just bumping this thread since it is getting dark again for those after work cooks. I got a new one hopefully I can post pics of soon.

Here is the new light:

DSCN0698-400x400.jpg
DSCN0700-400x400.jpg
DSCN0705-400x400.jpg
DSCN0706-400x400.jpg

Not the brightest thing in the world, but enough to see what's happening on the grill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Wayne, where/is there a switch for this light? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is an on off switch on the back of the solar panel. You don't need to mess with it if you don't want too because it has an automatic on/off timer built in. You can set it for 4hrs, 5hrs, or 6hrs from when it comes on automatically at dark to when it will shut off automatically. A 6 hour charge will keep the light going for 3 nights (in case you have a few cloudy days).

I've set it for 4 hours each night.

Thanks Wolgast, comes in handy for sure!

Back