? for K. Kruger and others

jfowler

I have a rub recipe that i really like but it only uses garlic salt instead of salt and garlc powder. if i want to split the garlic salt what ratio do i need to use salt to garlic powder to get close to the garlic salt blend.

FYI:
the rub calls for 1 cup of garlic salt

Thanks

I have used the 3 to 1 ratio of salt to garlic powder before and have been pleased with it. I would expect that if you wanted it a little less salty slightly lower the salt side say a 2.5:1 or a 2:1 ratio should work..

Hope this helps
j

I'd suggest leaving the salt out of the rub entirely. Salt your protein first and then rub, As to how much garlic powder...
While 3:1 is the usual suggested mix (as Jeremy said) I'd like to know the rest of the rub's ingredients.

marc thats what i am wanting to do is salt first then apply the rub. thats whay i was wanting to figure out what the ratio was. now that i have a starting point i can play with it to my liking. thanks alot guys.

James

The granulated often has better flavor. Not always; depends. I prefer it because it mixes better with the other ingredients - it doesn't sift out so easily before, during or after application - but if powder is what you have, use it.

Back