Grill Grates

Thats actually a cool idea and in theory the should work great.

But then again some ordinary CIG´s wont leave you asking for anything more.

Thx for posting

Not me. It does look interesting. I'm thinking maybe better for a gasser than for a Weber kettle?

Hi Brad, why not make a round one to fit without the help of the regular grate? I like that the CI grate stands alone.

I second what Wolgast said.

"But then again some ordinary CIG´s wont leave you asking for anything more."

I sure don't think much of that puny 30 day warranty. I guess they don't have a lot of confidence in the durability of their product.

Understand the pricey aspect. Its an American made, precision part for sure. Note that THREE standard panels cover 80% of the 22.5" Kettle and those are $70 delivered with The GrateTool. We get a lot of feedback on the quality and durability of the product. Thanks for the opportunity to hear your thoughts and ideas. I'm firing up my Weber Kettle tonight!
brad

BradB, one big problem I had looking at your website is you only have a 30 day warranty on these grates. If they are good, quality parts, why such a short warranty? Hard anodized aluminum should last for a lifetime, assuming a grill fire isn't too hot for the aluminum.

Hi Tom,

Good point. I've had one return in 10,000+ orders this year so maybe we should look at that. Our thought is use it for 30 days and return it if you are not completely satisfied for a full product refund(less shipping cost) Since I've only had one taker- what do you think is a better warranty Tom?

Thanks for your input.
brad
Originally posted by Tom Hinkle:
BradB, one big problem I had looking at your website is you only have a 30 day warranty on these grates. If they are good, quality parts, why such a short warranty? Hard anodized aluminum should last for a lifetime, assuming a grill fire isn't too hot for the aluminum.

Would like to add to this forum, these grates are awesome, NO FLARE UPS, especially for you folks that love doing that RSC in the poultry recipes!

I have a charbroil 4 burner, took the old grates out and bought some grillgrates to fit in perfectly, on medium low my grate temp is 550-600F! These are super awesome, and on high these suckers will get well over 900-1000F!

http://www.charbroil.com/Produ...tle-Grill-Grate.aspx

1_1_7315453_small.jpg

Originally posted by Chris in Cameron Park:
Mine is being shipped. Cant wait.

Very excited the center section will fit in my up Smokey Joe P.

Let us know how it works out. I'd love to have one of these for my SJP.

Looks a lot like the "Sear Magic" grates that MHP offers as a (rather costly) option on their gassers.

A neighbor of mine had the MHP gas grill, and loved the way they worked. Good searing and versatility to cook almost anything he wanted to cook.

I think these might be a good option if you have a crappy grill with poor heat distribution and equally crappy OEM grates. On my Weber Genesis, I can't really see a reason for them; everything I've grilled on that thing has turned out great.

Originally posted by Dennis Haner:
Anyone here have any experience with these?

http://www.grillgrate.com/

I've been using them on my new Broil-Mate for about three months now. My experiance is that the grillgrate's are worth every penny. I purchased five to cover my entire grill surface. The heat is awesome and extremely even side to side and front to back. It heats so well, that you can turn down the gas burners and they still get and stay very hot.
The real test is the taste of the food. Food just taste better, like it comes from a steak house. I get consistant compliments on the taste of everything we cook on it. I can very easily sear a steak, but some nice grill marks on them, and then cook to perfection.
Another side benefit is that it appears to be saving my flavorizers wear and tear, as most food or marinades stays on the grill grates, and not falling down into the grill.

I'm a big fan. I've recommended them to friends who have purchased them and they get the same results.

And you don't need to cover your entire cooking surface with the grillgrates, I just chose to do it that way. My friend has just three grill grates and they work perfect. You can easily add more grates as you like.

Back