Red Pepper Flakes: Grinder...

Ken P.

TVWBB Fan
Hi.

Can anyone suggest a grinder/hand mill (not coffee mill) for red pepper flakes...?

I have a pepper grinder I am using but not with the greatest success...

Thanks for ideas.

Do you mean something to put pepper flakes in that will then grind them finer? Or something to put chopped dried pepper in that will then make them become 'flakes'?

Thank for reply Kevin...

A hand grinder/mill put red pepper flakes in and grind them finer; have seen often in stores a kind of plastic bottle grinder setup, which works fine for a while but then fails if you try to repurpose...

Pepper grinder works but with a lot of coaxing, and some patience - it's not right tool either.

Oxo used to make one that worked well but they stopped making them for some reason. Search 'Peugeot Red Chili Pepper Mill'. It's the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

So...

Checked out that Peugeot 5.5" Vendome Chili Pepper Mill at Amazon ($40+) and read some comments...

Happened to be at Target and found an interesting ceramic grinder as a tool:

http://www.trudeaucorp.com/us/...-cassia-0714070.html

You grind right into the cap; pretty good setup inside (course/fine: ceramic) and I tossed a couple small metal ball (bigger than any peppercorn tho') to assist flake delivery to cylinder.

Works, as of now, like a dream. $12...

Back