Meat slicer

Mike P.

TVWBB All-Star
I'm looking for a slicer for home use. Anything any good out there for $100 or less? Want to use it to slice brisket and such thin.

Thanks

I've got the Chef's Choice 632. Granted it's more than 100$ but its a great slicer for the monies. Also it doesn't take up too much cupboard space <wife happy>.

I've got the Chefs Choice 610, works really well for my needs and I have had no problems with it. I think it was around $110.00

Thanks for the replies guys. I've looked at the cheif choice units and as you say they cost a little more. I think I can get one from Amazon through this site with free shipping.

Ben, please post how you like your 615.

Thanks again!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hey Mike,
Got my 615 today.It is very nice,a lot better than my old Deni slicer that only lasted about 2 years. The Chefs Choice is made of thicker metal. The only thing I had to slice today was a can of SPAM!!!! Did a great job!!!

Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Setzer:
Hey Mike,
Got my 615 today.It is very nice,a lot better than my old Deni slicer that only lasted about 2 years. The Chefs Choice is made of thicker metal. The only thing I had to slice today was a can of SPAM!!!! Did a great job!!!

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank Ben. Heck, if it will cut spam, I'm halfway there.
icon_biggrin.gif

I bought one at Harbor Freight on sale for under $30. It works well and folds up to take up very little storage space. Not the greatest to clean, and probably wouldn't hold up to everyday use, but it was like $26.

I finally reached the point where I just HAD to get a slicer and I didn't want to wait to have it shipped. The only store in town that had any in stock was Menard's and since I had a couple of roasts ready to cook, I picked one up. I couldn't find any reviews and figured I'd be disappointed but they have a pretty good return policy.

While the meat was reaching perfection, I tried the slicer out on the peppers and onions. The peppers sliced easily but I thought it was going to burn up trying to slice the onion. The motor bogged down and I actually broke a sweat trying to force the onion through. Uh oh.... I knew right then this little toy was never going to handle an Eye of Round and figured I'd be returning it the next morning.

I couldn't have been more wrong. This "toy" cut through 2 roasts like a hot knife through butter. Nice, thin, even slices and the family was once again amazed at my ability to pick out a neat kitchen gadget.
icon_smile.gif

My only complaint is that I waited so long to get one of these.

Back