Stufz Burger Maker

Mike_M

TVWBB Fan
Has anyone used one of these things?

Click Me!!

My juicy lucy technique, or lack thereof at this point, has been an utter failure. I can't get the cheese to stay in no matter how hard I try. It's effectively my kryptonite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeremy Erwin:
How big are you making your burgers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing overly crazy. Just used 2 1/4lb. patties.

My failure is not getting the edges to seal tightly enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
Looks interesting and a nice concept, but looks a little too pricey for what it is, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But Jeff, it's made in the USA, for a change, includes shipping, and in the video the burgers went onto a Weber
icon_smile.gif

If we ate a lot of burgers I would consider one.

I make 1/3lbs + parties by hand and have had pretty good success stuffing them. I do work the edges a little to hope nothing cooks out. I also try to keep them as indirect as much. Just a few min to get the grill marks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
But Jeff, it's made in the USA, for a change, includes shipping, and in the video the burgers went onto a Weber
icon_smile.gif

If we ate a lot of burgers I would consider one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, those 2 facts helped to persuade me into making the purchase. $20, oh well, it's worth a shot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
Looks interesting and a nice concept, but looks a little too pricey for what it is, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_smile.gif

If we ate a lot of burgers I would consider one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True and also from my recent home town of Detroit. Props to the local inventor. Guess I should have said I don't make enough burgers to justify

[/QUOTE]
the burgers went onto a Weber
icon_smile.gif

[/QUOTE]

are you sure that's a weber? Looks a lot like my double chef...

I have not had that good of luck with really thick burgers like this one made with this press. When I cook them they turn into a big "meatball" if you will, for lack of a better term. I would buy one if it was a little bit wider and thinner. I buy these 1/4lb fresh pre-made patties from the butcher. They are thin and wide so they make a great stuffed burger when you put two together.

I've got one. Its takes a little practice to get it working. Many times cheese will leak or something, but I recommend it.

That guy needs to make a better video. Every shot and title card was on screen at least twice as long as it needed to be. It was excruciating. Like pulling teeth.

In the past year I've seen posts about similar products. They look like fun, but who knows which is best?

Bill

Yup, Alan is right on point. There was a slight learning curve to figure out exactly the best method. However, once that was over with, the results were pretty solid. I give this product a thumbs up.

Did some ground turkey burgers:

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Mike, a little late to the party, but try this tip from Cooks Country. Whatever size patty you want to make take about a third out of the patty and cover your cheese first with that then form the rest of the patty around your cheese ball. It has worked for me everytime with no blowout, I reverse sear for a perfect Juicy Lucy.

Back