What to do with left overs from St. Louising Pork Ribs?

Scott F

I've always used back loin ribs in my smoking, but my father in law is bringing over some spareribs for me to smoke up tomorrow. I watched the video on prepping these ribs St. Louis style and at the end Chris mentioned just putting the extras on the smoker with rub. Not bad, but I was wondering if there are other ideas that folks had for using these "extra" pieces of meat.

I'm open to anything and would actually really like the idea of surprising everyone with a "here's your ribs AND something special I whipped up!"

Thank in advance!

I'll save the extra pieces in the freezer. (Try and trim off as much fat and cartilage as you can.) When I get enough, I throw it in the crock pot and cook it down until you can pull it apart. Can make tacos or put it in soop, or even fake pulled pork sammies.. Spice up any way you like it and a meal is done.
Or, do what Chris said.
icon_cool.gif

AJ

I do like AJ...Save em up in the freezer untill i have enough. Then i smoke them for a few hours...And add to my bolognese or chili or any meat stew that needs a kick of smoke.(before the wsm i always used bacon)

But im sure a few nice tasting PP subs could be made just like AJ said.

I applied the same rub used for the ribs and have cooked the extra pieces on my kettles while I have the ribs on smoker. I have also put them on the smoker as well. All meat no bones...they are a delicious snack!

I've done this several times now...cook the extra pieces on the kettle. Eat some. Put the rest in the fridge (or freezer depending on how long before you do the next step). Once the meat is cold or the next time you cook, pull them out, slice the meat into thin strips and make ABTs with the meat!

Back