got my new 22 today! my two cents....

Greg

TVWBB Super Fan
just finished assembling my new 22 wsm! the pics just don't do it justice compared to the classic 18....this thing is HUGE!

in particular, i really like the big water bowl, built in thermometer, heat shield, sturdy legs, new handle on door.

my only gripe(small gripe)is that the access door needed to be tweaked to fit tight. minor, but i have read about most folks having to do that. maybe if the door was packed in it's own small carton instead of being installed.

looks like i will be able to fit 6 butts(3 on each rack) on this baby, easily! i'll post some pics when i do my first smoke.

Congrats Greg on your new addition. I still haven't been able to make up my little mind yet on whether or not to pull the trigger. I just don't know if I really need this beast, although it would be great for the summertime "Q"s that we have here every year. I mean my old (2 years old) WSM seems to work just fine, and I am not sure if I want to go through that "break-in" period again. I am not a very patient person when it comes to that but I do enjoy long cooks.
Let us know how your cook goes. I am especially interested in the temp readings during the cook and if there are any large swings in the temps.
Good luck Greg

I'm interested to see how much more fuel it burns. I would like the larger area to be able to fit racks of ribs and large briskets comfortably, but I wonder if it requires a bunch of extra fuel to keep it going for a long burn.

i'll find out this weekend! i hear that the charcoal ring will hold a 20 pound bag of K. fuel consumption should be interesting!

also, forgot to mention that the packaging was top notch, and the water pan is rock solid in the mounts compared to the classic.

Back