Would You Pay $350 for this Grill

Also something or other about a reset procedure for the regulator.

I had to do this once to reset the regulator. Watched the video on the Weber site. In case this ever happens to you this is what you do.
1. Close the valve on the tank and turn off all your burners
2. That's it, your done

They packed all that into a 3 and 1/2 minute video.

Okay, first thank for all the words of wisdom. It really does help hearing from people in the know when you are new to something.

I just got back from seeing the $150 grill. It was cherry. I know I said I was going to go with $75 one, but this thing was a such a peach I couldn't pass.

It was super clean, inside and out. Not a spot of rust. And did I mention clean. Fired it up and it was hot, hot, hot within a matter of minutes. The pictures that where on Craigslist didn't do it justice. Even the Weber emblem on the front looks amazing.

The only thing this one really need are some new flavorizer bars, and a quick wipe down, and it's good to go. The grates need to be wiped down, but they are in grate (pun intended) shape. Plus I have a set of 5 Grillgrates that I bought for the old Costco grill to try and get a little more life out of it. The Grillgrates are amazing by the way. I have been using a couple of them on the Kettle, and will throw the other ones on the Genesis.

I ended up getting it for $125, and it was in such great shape, and such better shape than the $75 one, that I feel like the $50 was totally worth it. This guy really took great care of this grill. It's actually been sitting in climate controlled storage for awhile, which I'm sure attributed to the condition.

Anyway. Thanks again. I'll post a couple pics as soon as I get it out of the truck.

Well there goes your restoration project. Congrats on the great deal on a great grill. This thing will give you many years of worry free grilling.

I had to do this once to reset the regulator. Watched the video on the Weber site. In case this ever happens to you this is what you do.
1. Close the valve on the tank and turn off all your burners
2. That's it, your done

They packed all that into a 3 and 1/2 minute video.

Wow, that's it? Really? :)

I'm a tinkerer. I'm sure I'll find something to fix. I'd be hard pressed to find something around my house that I have supped up or modified. :cool:

What I'm really amazed by is that I have been grilling for 20+ years, and it wasn't till I bought the Weber Kettle that I realized I had no idea what I was doing and have been doing it all wrong for the whole time. Which is totally unlike me, cause I usually research something to death before I do it. I have learned more about grilling in the past month with that Kettle then in the previous 20+ years combined.

I though grilling was just cooking outside, but it's so much more!

Last edited:
If it does need new flavorizer bars, get some from the guy on Ebay, RCplanebuyer. He makes them from good 304 stainless and they are thicker (14 ga vs 18 IIRC) and cheaper than the ones from Weber. And his are made in USA.

Back