Weber Announces New Product Coming

The Summit Kamado is an exceptional grill, in my opinion.

Why Weber isn’t doing more marketing on it’s behalf is puzzling.

Weber- get your representatives to set these grills up outside Whole Foods, Wegmans or any other high end grocery store on a Saturday or Sunday early afternoon- grill something - You have a unique product- let people see it.
When it first came out around 2016 they marketed it pretty heavy. Like this they did the whole, what's behind the curtain.
Grill of a lifetime was the name.

When it first came out around 2016 they marketed it pretty heavy. Like this they did the whole, what's behind the curtain.
Grill of a lifetime was the name.

If I didn’t join this enthusiasts forum, I wouldn’t know they existed.

I have been getting good use out of mine for about a year and a half, and some of my friends and family consider themselves grill people- I have yet to have anyone recognize my grill.

I know people who have invested tens of thousands of dollars on kitchen renovations using high end appliances, so I know people will spend money if they see something good- get this grill out in the public arena and let people see it.

All the above observations and statements are purely anecdotal and my opinion.

The Summit Charcoal wasn’t marketed heavy at all. Most people simply didn’t know it existed, or scoffed at a $1500 grill that at first blush looked like a $110 kettle sitting next to it. Unless you knew…

Actual pellet innovation someone said. That’s exactly what Smokefire is/was when it came out. To this day, it’s the odd man out in design in terms of having Flavorizer bars and an open chamber. Almost everything else has a grease tray. The product off Smokefire IS better than nearly anything else on the market.

You can’t innovate a kettle. You can tweak things like vents and add things like thermometers and different ash pans and such, but it’s a kettle. There is no innovation to a perfect cooker.

We know we’re getting a new pellet. We’re likely getting some tweaks to the smart gas grills which, whatever. Doesn’t float my boat, if I were in the market and it had that, fine. But not going to get me into a new grill. I have to assume the new Q is debuting here, a new griddle, and maybe a new kamado style which could be cool.

I know folks want Weber to innovate, as that’s what they “were built on”. But realistically, Weber had the perfect cooker in a market that had relatively little competition for 40-50 years. The kettle has been the game in charcoal for its entire life, and remains so. The only competition the kettle has is those garbage cheap square units at big box stores, and direct rip offs like the SNS. If you can’t beat it, copy it, add a leg and some other gimmicks and try your hand. That just proves the perfection that is the kettle. Long live the king.

Weber really innovated gas as well, I’ve never used a gasser other than a Weber but I look at other options and most are cheap junk that will cook and that’s about it. I’ve heard the horror stories of using early gassers with lava rocks and such. Weber came in, produced the legendary Genesis line and made a gasser actually a viable cooker.

Today’s market is flush with competition. Weber being the market leader, the big fish in a small pond, was established as the Cadillac of gassers. Being a large corporation it was only a matter of time when they looked to decrease production costs and maximize profits; that’s literally all a corporation exists for. So we have good gassers today that will almost certainly never live long lives like the original Genesis, and there’s very little innovation in gassers.

I figure there’s very little innovation left. The proven designs are known and from there it’s essentially slapping lipstick on a pig. It’s still a pig, and nothing wrong with that. Love me some bacon!

Break out the old molds and tooling to re-release the Silver B in all of of its tubular frame, open cart glory with a couple of swing-up side tables. Offer them in never before available colors from the anniversary kettle family. Retro sells. So does quality. What better way to celebrate the past than to let another generation find out just how great Weber was and could be again.

The Summit Charcoal wasn’t marketed heavy at all. Most people simply didn’t know it existed, or scoffed at a $1500 grill that at first blush looked like a $110 kettle sitting next to it. Unless you knew…

Actual pellet innovation someone said. That’s exactly what Smokefire is/was when it came out. To this day, it’s the odd man out in design in terms of having Flavorizer bars and an open chamber. Almost everything else has a grease tray. The product off Smokefire IS better than nearly anything else on the market.

You can’t innovate a kettle. You can tweak things like vents and add things like thermometers and different ash pans and such, but it’s a kettle. There is no innovation to a perfect cooker.

We know we’re getting a new pellet. We’re likely getting some tweaks to the smart gas grills which, whatever. Doesn’t float my boat, if I were in the market and it had that, fine. But not going to get me into a new grill. I have to assume the new Q is debuting here, a new griddle, and maybe a new kamado style which could be cool.

I know folks want Weber to innovate, as that’s what they “were built on”. But realistically, Weber had the perfect cooker in a market that had relatively little competition for 40-50 years. The kettle has been the game in charcoal for its entire life, and remains so. The only competition the kettle has is those garbage cheap square units at big box stores, and direct rip offs like the SNS. If you can’t beat it, copy it, add a leg and some other gimmicks and try your hand. That just proves the perfection that is the kettle. Long live the king.

Weber really innovated gas as well, I’ve never used a gasser other than a Weber but I look at other options and most are cheap junk that will cook and that’s about it. I’ve heard the horror stories of using early gassers with lava rocks and such. Weber came in, produced the legendary Genesis line and made a gasser actually a viable cooker.

Today’s market is flush with competition. Weber being the market leader, the big fish in a small pond, was established as the Cadillac of gassers. Being a large corporation it was only a matter of time when they looked to decrease production costs and maximize profits; that’s literally all a corporation exists for. So we have good gassers today that will almost certainly never live long lives like the original Genesis, and there’s very little innovation in gassers.

I figure there’s very little innovation left. The proven designs are known and from there it’s essentially slapping lipstick on a pig. It’s still a pig, and nothing wrong with that. Love me some bacon!
i cook with charcoal and own and drive manual transmission cars. i think i'm about as 40 years behind as I can get. and i plan to stay that way.

It's tough to reinvent the wheel, I have a performer a 18"jumbo joe a pellet smoker with no issues a couple griddles. a wanna be WSM ,
Good Points; my BBQ Arsenal includes a Weber Performer Deluxe, two(2) Weber Master Touch, WSM 18" Classic and Weber Smoky Joe which fits my BBQ Cooking Needs for some time to come.

The Summit Charcoal Grill Center is almost perfect, and I dearly love it. It is quality built and as such is expensive.

The Smokefire is literally a dumpster fire and pretty much a failure in use and for the company's reputation.

But this is just one man's opinion. (But my wife is in total agreement.)

The Smokefire is literally a dumpster fire and pretty much a failure in use and for the company's reputation.
No it isn’t. It’s the best pellet grill on the market, period. Nothing tastes as good off any pellet out there. It’s also far from unusable.

Maybe if you can’t figure out how to cook on it, the issue isn’t with the grill. Many of us routinely crank out food, reliably, off our Smokefires.

They released a new range of Weber Q's in Australia for our BBQ season in September, I am betting this is one of the ranges. If you want to see, go to the Weber site and click on the US flag at the top left hand side of the page and change it to Australia, you can see the range there. We also got a built in Genesis so might be a part of it too. Not sure what else?

The Summit gassers have been on sale lately so I do think that is where the tea leaves point.

Edit: Never mind its almost certainty just the Searwood. Which is not news to us but doesn't appear on it's website yet.

Last edited:

Back