Weber Announces New Product Coming

the thread needs the rotating image. I hope this works

md_1232363.gif

Attachments

• unnamed.gif
    unnamed.gif
    185.3 KB · Views: 14
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/gas-grills/8091392

Is this a new Summit gas grill? I'm not that familiar with them, but I didn't think there was a 5-burner model.

Step up to the Summit grill, the top-of-the-line Weber gas grill reinvented with features that expand your outdoor cooking techniques and enable you to entertain at a higher level. Grill restaurant-quality steaks with the new top-down infrared broiler that directs blazing heat onto the top of food, producing an edge-to-edge caramelized crust that seals in flavor. Light up the stainless steel smoker box to give your food a low-and-slow, smoky boots and break out of your routine with a built-in rotisserie. This grill is equipped with the WEBER CRAFTED cooking grates and frame kit that let you transform your grill into a griddle, pizza oven, wok, and more with a variety of custom-fit grillware (sold separate). Bring the kitchen outside and create delicious food that makes every gathering memorable.
  • 9mm Stainless steel cooking grates
  • Stainless steel flavorizer bars
  • Turn to ignite electronic ignition system
  • Top-down infrared broiler caramelizes steaks edge-to-edge
  • WEBER CRAFTED ready, frame kit and cooking grates
  • 5 stainless steel PureBlu burners
  • Soft-Close cabinet doors
  • Premium metal knobs with backlit lighting
  • NIGHTVISION lighting, illuminates grilling area when lid is lifted
  • LED fuel gauge clearly displays fuel level

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/gas-grills/8091392

Is this a new Summit gas grill? I'm not that familiar with them, but I didn't think there was a 5-burner model.

Step up to the Summit grill, the top-of-the-line Weber gas grill reinvented with features that expand your outdoor cooking techniques and enable you to entertain at a higher level. Grill restaurant-quality steaks with the new top-down infrared broiler that directs blazing heat onto the top of food, producing an edge-to-edge caramelized crust that seals in flavor. Light up the stainless steel smoker box to give your food a low-and-slow, smoky boots and break out of your routine with a built-in rotisserie. This grill is equipped with the WEBER CRAFTED cooking grates and frame kit that let you transform your grill into a griddle, pizza oven, wok, and more with a variety of custom-fit grillware (sold separate). Bring the kitchen outside and create delicious food that makes every gathering memorable.
  • 9mm Stainless steel cooking grates
  • Stainless steel flavorizer bars
  • Turn to ignite electronic ignition system
  • Top-down infrared broiler caramelizes steaks edge-to-edge
  • WEBER CRAFTED ready, frame kit and cooking grates
  • 5 stainless steel PureBlu burners
  • Soft-Close cabinet doors
  • Premium metal knobs with backlit lighting
  • NIGHTVISION lighting, illuminates grilling area when lid is lifted
  • LED fuel gauge clearly displays fuel level
Sure does look so. They probably went down to a single chassis and killed the 6 and 4 burner for a 5 plus sear. $4k is steep. I hope they built a better cookbox because if it’s anything like the last one, that’d be a waste of $4k IMO.

The new Summit doesn't look bad per se, it just looks kind of minimalistic from the outside and not super eye-catching. Also, wish it was a 6 burner instead of five as I've never been the biggest fan of the SearStation burner, but I digress. Maybe it'll grow on me after I see more pictures.

Last edited:
The link stopped working. Perhaps they saw all of the TVWBB members clicking on it. I wish I would have taken a screenshot.

It looked like it was a 5-burner without a sear station, but added an infrared broiler.

So, a bunch of new photos are now on Weber's website. Gotta say, on second look, actually really starting to like the new Summit! LOVE the top-down sear burner too. Now, if they can just make one in red or blue...
Also, though I'm not a pellet fan, I do like the new SearWood. Maybe I'll get it one day to try it out.
The portable grills and griddles aren't really interesting for me personally, but I definitely think they'll work out well. I'm also really curious about that no-rust griddle. Makes me wanna put it to the test here in Texas.

LINK: https://www.weber.com/US/en/home/

You can buy the Kirkland large gas grill (with all the features asked for here) including actual 304SS construction for 1/4 the price. And with top down sear burner. Hmmmm

I like the new Searwood vs the Smokefire, but I'll probably never get a pellet grill. I like that it can hit lower temps. The griddles are cool too. I'm happy with my Blackstone but if I were to upgrade it, I'd look really hard at Weber. The Summit is definitely a luxury grill and I'm not sure the value is there for the workaday average joe. But if it puts a smile on your face go for it.

The clincher for me for the summit will be usable surface area, and warranty period.

There's no way I'd drop $4k on a grill unless I think it will last more than 10 years.

That screen looks like it might die completely after one good winter out in the cold.

I also don't want to go down in surface area from the S-670.

From the pics on their website it looks like the summit cookbox is now cast aluminum? 15 year warranty on cookbox and lid.

The clincher for me for the summit will be usable surface area, and warranty period.

There's no way I'd drop $4k on a grill unless I think it will last more than 10 years.

That screen looks like it might die completely after one good winter out in the cold.

I also don't want to go down in surface area from the S-670.
I agree. I love the grilling area in my S-670 and wouldn’t want to downsize.

Back