Pizzas on the WSM

Dang, this looked like a lot of fun. You do them all in the same afternoon? I like your style. Pepperoni, please!

WOW! Thats some awesome pizza and I'd take a slice of each for sure. Again just an outstanding job you two.

Perfect looking pies and it's always more fun with your partner helping out. Like the WSM approach and thanks for sharing all the great information.

Thanks everyone, I had leftover Pizzas for breakfast this morning (no leftover ribs) In all honestly, the leftover pizzas were actually better this morning than when cooked (used a frying pan to reheat them)

Im really interested in trying this out but have some questions! So this is on an 18" WSM right? Would you be able to use the 18" WSM lid instead of the lid you have on? I dont have a kettle...yet...but would like to get the kettle pizza and im just wondering if it would all fit up on the 18" using the 18" lid and wondering what the reason is for using the different lid? thanks!
I ordered the below disc from Agri Supply. It cost me $55 rounded, however not only will it serve as a low lid for my kettle pizza, I can cook on it too (see cooks by Tony R) This should work as a great lid for the KP, cooking the top at the same rate as the bottom (I hope)

85077.jpg

Just magnificent. Can't wait till it gets decent enough to use my Pizza Kettle again- I'm not going to forget that Alfredo one!

Looks great.
I never had much luck with the KettlePizza.
Maybe I should have practised with it more?

I ordered the below disc from Agri Supply. It cost me $55 rounded, however not only will it serve as a low lid for my kettle pizza, I can cook on it too (see cooks by Tony R) This should work as a great lid for the KP, cooking the top at the same rate as the bottom (I hope)

85077.jpg
Any updates using this griddle as a topper?

That lid is off the Jumbo Joe Premium. A flatter lid is still needed (imho) I probably will have a piece of steel cut to fit the top of the KP, and it can be used as a grill when not cooking pizzas
Looks amazing. Could be a new life for my WSM.
Jeez just realized this is an ancient thread. Looks great though.

This thread was before my time. Thanks for digging it up Mike. I've really enjoyed it. Great looking pizza for sure.

I know its an old thread but the op is still an active member. And i figure the answer would add to this thread.
Hi Mike, this was an oldie but goodie, thanks for the trip down memory lane. First and foremost you all should know that these type of cooks will ruin your WSM. I did all kinds of high heat (cooking over roaring fire) in my WSM and all those cooks were amazing, however they ruined the WSM for smoking. To answer your question, I did get the disk, and it did work better than the kettle lid, however my favorite lid ended up being my Comal. I dug up a couple threads on the subject

Search some of my thread with the words "Fire Roasted" if you want to see other high heat cooks in my used to be WSM, now Fire Roaster

Back