New The Huntsman Kettle Kamado Grill from Spider coming.

Still pondering this one. I like the Huntsman, looks like it’s built well. A kettle offset vibe.
I really like the idea of the tech, I know some of you are not into that but I love monitoring from the phone. The charts seem helpful.

My problem is this would probably make an S6 too redundant to purchase.

If I miss out on the $749 it’s not as enticing either.
🤔
Weird part is I did find out the battery will go 24 hours but a terrible review on it popped up on Amazon recently.

I like it, but the size is important. I am hoping you are right, @Joe Anshien about the 22". I only watched the preview briefly and maybe missed that.

I would think that thick carbon steel and electronic fan controls would be MORE capable of holding temps than a "plain" kamado. That's coming from a former Big Green Egg owner who sold only because of being afraid to try and move it from Florida to Indiana.

I like the industrial look (my son would call it "steam punk") as a fresh alternative to others out there. And at $749 it beats out BGE and yes, the WSK, by a pretty wide margin. Not saying I could buy one, but if I was in that league and looking, it would be on my list.
$749 is the introductory price. It's going to $1,000 after the promo.

I’ll stay with my E6. Still the best charcoal grill I’ve ever used. This would really have to raise the bar to get me to consider getting one.

i am leary of tech. I have seen people spending lots of $$ and time trying to use tech with Kettles and WSMs to control temperatures to 1 or 2 degrees (=/- 25 is more than ok) not to mention lots of issues (read posts here about pellet poopers). I do still use temp probes for the protein only.

My E6 works every time with very little effort.

Last edited:
I’ll stay with my E6. Still the best charcoal grill I’ve ever used. This would really have to raise the bar to get me to consider getting one.

i am leary of tech. I have seen people spending lots of $$ and time trying to use tech with Kettles and WSMs to control temperatures to 1 or 2 degrees (=/- 25 is more than ok) not to mention lots of issues (read posts here about pellet poopers). I do still use temp probes for the protein only.

My E6 works every time with very little effort.
I am sure I would enjoy the Weber Kamado, as I did the Big Green Egg I used to have. The things that attract me to this new Huntsman are the rugged build and especially that easy access fuel door. I have had virtually no issues cooking with my Recteq pellet grill (which indeed made it less painful to have to sell my BGE when I moved). So, I am good with electronics. But unlike my Recteq, if the electronics do fail on this Huntsman, you still have a useable grill as they have shown.

Update the Huntsman is on hold.

After seeing a WSK in person for the first time, I am making that move, I don’t think I have the room for both.

That is 2x the price of the Huntsman. It is a beauty, but I am pretty sure I could not spend that much on a grill. I also really like the door and the standard 20" size for all the accessories, not to mention that it comes with an ATC.

That is 2x the price of the Huntsman. It is a beauty, but I am pretty sure I could not spend that much on a grill. I also really like the door and the standard 20" size for all the accessories, not to mention that it comes with an ATC.
The suggested retail price is actually $2,149, in all fairness this isn't a fair comparison, Huntsman vs WSK.

In my neck of the woods the S6 is - $1000 - more over the E6.
I would not have paid for the S6 myself.......with the E6 parked directly to the right of the performer the table doubles down for everything perfectly.
Now if I was like Brett and committed to one grill I would purchase the S6.
This Huntsman seems like a nice unit.................but there are tons of nice units out there, like the Reqteq mentioned above.
Is it really going to be able to do something unlike any other.....the best thing to grill on since propane was introduced......you know what I mean.

I saw that green toe thing. I guess u try to name your price.

The Huntsman looks very nice. Spiders customer service has been great so far.

Tempted also. Love the access door and grates,but for not much more would spring for summit charcoal. Be able to down size, no need for WSM.

I agree with @Joe Anshien that the WSK is one very nice grill. So many positive reports. Also, the 24" size may not sound like a lot more than 22" but in cooking space it is significant. Nonetheless, for me - just like Joe - I am really impressed with the package the Huntsman offers, especially the door and rugged construction. The fact that it benefits from current electronics and WiFi monitoring is a plus, too, and yet it will still work the old fashion way as well. I want one and am working on a plan to dump some grills I don't need to get the

ONE GRILL TO RULE THEM ALL

If you factor the Venom separately, the Huntsman is really just $550 for the intro price. That is less than half of a WSK E6 and a quarter of the WSK S6. The Venom can be used on any other Weber Kettle or Performer.
For me, it is more about the original design and new concept, along with the sturdy build. I would ditch my WSM, my current temp probe/monitoring system, and a kettle or two. This would probably cover close to half the cost. No brainer.
I've looked for a used E6 or S6 and have just not found anything remotely close to me. It always involves a road trip which with today's fuel prices, completely blows up whatever deal I imagine I am getting! I think Weber has priced those grills at too high a price point and I can't find them new at any store in my region either.
I have been a die hard Weber owner my entire life and have never owned a grill that didn't start with a W and end with an ER. But they really haven't temped me with much lately, so the Huntsman is very enticing.

I won't argue with your logic, but the WSK is hard to beat. Great build quality, nice sized between 22" and 26" kettles. Fuel efficient due to the dual wall insulation. And can do it all with no electronics to go bad. I don't regret buying up to the E6.

But I can also definitely see the appeal of the Huntsman.

Last edited:
If you factor the Venom separately, the Huntsman is really just $550 for the intro price. That is less than half of a WSK E6 and a quarter of the WSK S6. The Venom can be used on any other Weber Kettle or Performer.
For me, it is more about the original design and new concept, along with the sturdy build. I would ditch my WSM, my current temp probe/monitoring system, and a kettle or two. This would probably cover close to half the cost. No brainer.
I've looked for a used E6 or S6 and have just not found anything remotely close to me. It always involves a road trip which with today's fuel prices, completely blows up whatever deal I imagine I am getting! I think Weber has priced those grills at too high a price point and I can't find them new at any store in my region either.
I have been a die hard Weber owner my entire life and have never owned a grill that didn't start with a W and end with an ER. But they really haven't temped me with much lately, so the Huntsman is very enticing.
Great point, certainly my thought when I ordered one.
They are coming out with a diffuser they say in a couple weeks which makes the grill much more useful.
I like a lot of things about it.
Here’s what I do know, once I got my hands on a WSK I was very impressed.
It will be fun to see how the Huntsman holds up. Powder coated verse porcelain enameled.
I personally can’t wait to see them in action.

Back