In-N-Out Burger 75th Anniversary Festival at Pomona Dragstrip

We have had one in Katy, Texas for about 4 years now. I really like the burgers, the fries are not my favorite. I can eat them if I add a lot of salt but we usually just order burgers.

The trick is to order the fries well done and to eat them first and quickly! 🍟
This ^^^

How to order the fries

There are ways around the terribleness of In-N-Out's fries. Most obviously: Don't order them. If a fast food burger doesn't feel complete without a side of fries, ask for them "well done" or "light well."

What Chris said is true, we live about seven miles from the In N Out. We order our food and eat the fries on the way home, you really don't want them just warm or cold and they don't reheat well at all.

Thanks for the insight. I guess we'll have to give them one more try.
for reference, well done will turn them more into chips style. very crunchy with no soft inside.

light well will get them crisped on the outside with a potato inside, not fully crisped all the way through.

we like light well for the balance of crunch and inside softness.

to each their own. i'm off to IN N OUT for lunch today because of this thread. need a fixin as it's been a while.

thanks for the inspo, @Chris Allingham.

For someone who will never get to try one, I am kind of jealous.
Do you open the package and they look nothing like what the TV shows you it looks like or the pictures on the menu board?
Something like this.

Arby's for example.

What they sell you
1698264049751.png

and supposedly what you get.

1698264071030.png

Found one for in n out on the same webpage.

1698264118853.png

What this person received.

1698264144244.png

It looks like they don't wrap them tight or just throw everything in a box so maybe they come looking tasty!

It looks like they don't wrap them tight or just throw everything in a box so maybe they come looking tasty!
That second photo is a pretty good representation of how they're served. Sometimes they look better than that, but never like in the first glamour shot.
we like light well for the balance of crunch and inside softness.
I'll have to try light well. My sister likes light fries, which is just don't understand...

She also gets grilled onions and whole grilled onion on her burger...a real onion lover!

3x1, grilled and raw onion, extra pickles

1698268181283.jpeg

Fries light well

1698268217480.jpeg

Need a nap now. This hit the spot. Always a good burger from them. And an iced tea, no sugar.

That second photo is a pretty good representation of how they're served. Sometimes they look better than that, but never like in the first glamour shot.

I'll have to try light well. My sister likes light fries, which is just don't understand...

She also gets grilled onions and whole grilled onion on her burger...a real onion lover!
The light fries are gross IMO. Waaay too soft. Not my style.

Never been to ”In-N-Out” there is a little burger joint that makes a pretty facsimile though and they are only about half a mile away!

Do you open the package and they look nothing like what the TV shows you it looks like or the pictures on the menu board?
Something like this.

Arby's for example.

What they sell you
View attachment 81111

View attachment 81112

View attachment 81113

View attachment 81114

Something like this.

Arby's for example.

What they sell you
View attachment 81111

View attachment 81112

View attachment 81113

View attachment 81114

Darryl:
If you ever get down to the metro Boston area, there is a place in Saugus and Revere Beach that blows Arby's out of the water. It is Kelly's Roast Beef and a must stop for us when we get back East. Good onion rings too.

I am a St Louis MO guy but have tried most of what fast food chains have to offer. In & Out is tops in my opinion, with What-A-Burger in at a close 2nd, then you have some of the smaller burger chains like 5 Guys and Freddy's and then the mega chains. Mega Chains like McD's and BK are "break in case of emergency" for me. I'll only eat stuff from McD's and BK when there are no other options. Might pick them over KFC....

This is sort of on topic, and slightly off color, does anyone remember the Hardee's commercials from around 2005 featuring Paris Hilton? Gave me a new appreciation for clean cars and cheeseburgers...

Darryl:
If you ever get down to the metro Boston area, there is a place in Saugus and Revere Beach that blows Arby's out of the water. It is Kelly's Roast Beef and a must stop for us when we get back East. Good onion rings too.
Yes. Kelly's is good. And, if you are in the area there's a great place near the end of Gold Star Boulevard in Worcester - New England Roast Beef. They make a good roast beef sandwich, among other things.

The light fries are gross IMO. Waaay too soft. Not my style.

Fries look average but who knows, thanks for the pics.....I was going to ask but instead just hopped you would sneak one in there.
Best fries in my opinion are what we call " truck fries " generally from food trucks or similar.
I strongly believe they are the style that is cooked 2 times......a lower temp to cook the fries and then at a higher temp to colour and finsh cooking the fries.....they come out fairly dark in colour.

Fries like these........ to die for in taste, texture and the right crisp which isn't too much.
Also.....from experience....lol, I know that vinegar isn't something that every state finds appropriate to put on food.......but cider vinegar ( if you are unaware is the dark vinegar ) is what these fries require.......it really is a must have, with salt of course.

1698321049722.png

1698325086497.png

And up here we have this thing called poutine....eh!
I know it has migrated south but maybe not west coast......this is good stuff but I don't eat it anymore.
Fresh curds and usually a beef type of gravy.

1698325214253.png

My wife is Canadian and she orders poutine any time she see is it on a menu.

I have been going to in n out for a good 40 years in SoCal when they had them little dinky shops.
There would be like two of them shacks at one location.
One had a grill and a cash register and the other would be their fridge and general storage.
Drive through only.

I like their burgers and alway get a chocolate shake too.

I have been going to in n out for a good 40 years in SoCal when they had them little dinky shops.
There would be like two of them shacks at one location.
One had a grill and a cash register and the other would be their fridge and general storage.
Drive through only.
Like In-N-Out Burger store #33 in Pomona, CA. There aren't many double drive-thru stores with only outdoor seating anymore. They've torn down some and replaced them with standard stores with indoor seating. That's a shame because the old design is pretty cool, IMHO.

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

Back