In-N-Out Burger 75th Anniversary Festival at Pomona Dragstrip

I had a great time yesterday with 23,000 other fanatics at the In-N-Out Burger 75th Anniversary Festival at the Pomona Dragstrip! Good burgers, lots of classic cars, drag racing, a carnival for the kids, and an evening concert featuring ZZ Top!

Did you stick around to watch Billy and the boys?????
I like a lot of what they call now " old stuff " but things do change as the age creeps up.
I missed a few opportunities to see a few legends in my eyes before I had a chance unfortunately.

Also was the " good burgers " the In-N-Out burgers?.....I don't think I have had the chance to try one.

Did you stick around to watch Billy and the boys?????
I like a lot of what they call now " old stuff " but things do change as the age creeps up.
I missed a few opportunities to see a few legends in my eyes before I had a chance unfortunately.

Also was the " good burgers " the In-N-Out burgers?.....I don't think I have had the chance to try one.
I did not buy the concert ticket.

Do you think they'd serve any burger other than the In-N-Out Burger at their own 75th anniversary celebration?!? :oops: They had 15 semi-tractor trailer mobile kitchens cranking out burgers all day long.

IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

Last edited:
I did not buy the concert ticket.

Do you think they'd serve any burger other than the In-N-Out Burger at their own 75th anniversary celebration?!? :oops: They had 15 semi-tractor trailer mobile kitchens cranking out burgers all day long.
That's some serious stuff......
I would assume they would be the sole burger provider but I never see anything like this in person.

Wish they would have had something like that back in the late 60s when I was running my 63 vett at Pomona. Spent a lot of Saturdays there.... Good times! Same with Lions and OCIR (Orange County International Raceway) where I worked staging cars every other weekend. Nothing like the smell of nitro methane coming out of the headers on a blown hemi engine in a fuel dragster when you're standing 6 feet away from it.

I'll take two Double Double's with fried onions added, an order of fries animal style, and a Vanilla shake since they don't have Coffee Shakes (a RI thing).

That's some serious stuff......
I would assume they would be the sole burger provider but I never see anything like this in person.
The IN N OUT truck is no small event. And there is no "other" burger in CA. Sure, this will brig on the haters. But IN N OUT is a California institution.

The IN N OUT truck is no small event. And there is no "other" burger in CA. Sure, this will brig on the haters. But IN N OUT is a California institution.
I did dumb dumb research with google maps and it appears as McD's would have similar amounts of locations.
Talking metro areas around LA and all that.
I'm not picking fights, I just don't know....last time I ate " fast food " south off the border it was Carl's Jr........I was more towards the East coast but I think there is a similar franchise that is the same??? ish??? that supports the west coast?

I ate a lot more take out back then compared to now but I remember it being fairly tasty.....some 5 or 6 dollar burger or something.

I did dumb dumb research with google maps and it appears as McD's would have similar amounts of locations.
I'm not picking fights, I just don't know....last time I ate " fast food " south off the border it was Carl's Jr........I was more towards the East coast but I think there is a similar franchise that is the same??? ish??? that supports the west coast?

I ate a lot more take out back then compared to now but I remember it being fairly tasty.....some 5 or 6 dollar burger or something.
IN N OUT is food fast. Not even a comparo to McDs. Different universe. They just serve up a really good burger, fries and shakes. Old school and comfort food.

I watched the currently oldest McDonalds being built. Lived 3/4 mile from it. After we moved, Carl Karcher had opened his first of two only full service restaurants in our city. One of his son was our paperboy.
While Carl's Jr is good fast food burger place, IN-N-OUT is much better. But I'm kinda of partial. I have a close relative in their employ.

I wish they had the cookout truck here in Northern California, I'd throw a big party for me and my friends! 🥳 But with a minimum of $2000, I'd need to get some more friends and fast! Y'all would come if I invited you, right? 😃
The last time I enjoyed the IN N OUT truck was at the state capitol for a Pete Wilson event in the 90’s. It was impressive then. I’m sure it’s even more so now.

When we moved from So Cal to Prescott AZ, I was pleasantly surprised to find an In N Out burger in the city of Prescott Valley where we live now. Barb and I both really like their animal style burgers and fries. They always have a line of cars wrapped around the buildings drive through.

When we moved from So Cal to Prescott AZ, I was pleasantly surprised to find an In N Out burger in the city of Prescott Valley where we live now. Barb and I both really like their animal style burgers and fries. They always have a line of cars wrapped around the buildings drive through.
Same here in Las Vegas. Always a line at the two closest to us.

Back