I will just leave this here

This reminds me of the "Spark" grill. Says can only use their pellets.

Tom Horsman recently did a comparison between one of those Ninjas and the new Weber Lumin. He thought the Ninja offered a lot more versatility and a better value. I was disappointed that he didn't say anything about the fact that the Lumin has a conventional open grate with heat (electric) from below. The Ninja uses a griddle-like plate that has ridges. As far as pellets, I am very hard pressed to believe you couldn't use any pellets you want in the tiny container they use to add smoke to the cooking mix. The Lumin will also allow you to add smoke to the grilling process.

An SSP popped up this morning near me in pretty decent shape for $90...... I hmmmd and hawwwwd for ~15 minutes and by the time I responded it was already gone :(

These are very rugged and well built. But, they're only good for doing steaks and or chops capable of taking inferno type heat (and if you like that type of taste). No good for anything else. And Jim, I have no clue what an SSP is
Yep, that's what they do. I have posted about the one that I got for $100 and flipped to someone who in turn flipped it again! It definitely cranks out the heat, and the special glass shield between the infrared burner and the cooking grate instantly vaporized all grease. My family did like the steaks we did, but I didn't think it was all that much better than my Weber Genesis, so after trying it a few times I was happy to flip for a decent profit. They are rugged all stainless. Weak point on mine was the igniter.

Well if you were not a charcoal guy and even if you were if I asked my neighbor what a Weber Performer is most likely he would have no clue. SSP would be way beyond what alot of people could even guess at no shame not knowing what SSP means.

Well if you were not a charcoal guy and even if you were if I asked my neighbor what a Weber Performer is most likely he would have no clue. SSP would be way beyond what alot of people could even guess at no shame not knowing what SSP means.
There is a great thread on a SSP total refurb. Looked better than new when done. I've also lusted after a nice one from time to time. I had a Performer but really wanted an SSP. Not much of a need for one now but.....

An SSP popped up this morning near me in pretty decent shape for $90...... I hmmmd and hawwwwd for ~15 minutes and by the time I responded it was already gone :(
This SSP popped up about 90 miles from me. A little too far but could be worth it to the right person.
1715138577236.png

Those small 5lb propane tanks are worth about $50 alone.
But they are always out of date and a lot of places do not like filling them. Also $40 in gas to get it. If I still lived in Richmond I probably would have contacted them already;-)

Back