How do I edit the main Heatermeter display page

That's correct, a v10 index can not be used on a v11 system, which is why the new "user CSS" system was added as it works across versions. If you need the original v11 index.htm back, you can grab it from github raw.

I deleted the existing css file and copy and pasted the new raw file but still no temp settings or graphs.
I'm new to all of this learning as I go.

Sam

You pasted the index.htm into the user css box? Is that what you did to install the other v10 as well?

In the user css you only input the changes you want on the main page, not an entire copy of the page again. It should only be a handful of lines.

Ok so a newbie mistake. What I did was updated the firmware to v11 than I pasted a v10 index file for the screen settings. I lost all of my temp settings and graphs.
So to correct this I went to CSS and deleted all of the lines and copied and pasted the Raw file from gethub raw.
I guess I should not have done that :(. Like I said I'm new to all of this. I did not know all I had to do was place the few lines posted into the CSS edit block. still trying to get the graph and temps back

Sam

Last edited:
How do you reinstall? Do you do that through the AVRfirmware tab? I have done that but I still do not get back my temperature display or my graph.

There was a way to enable real time PID values but I can't seem to remember or be able to find it with search. Anyone remember how to make them display on the status page?

OK I'll do that thanks RJ.
Sam

You can do it via the web interface.

Go to system > backup / flash firmware

In the "Flash new firmware image" paste this into the "Image URL" box:
Code:
http://capnbry.net/linkmeter/release/bcm2708/11/openwrt-rpi.gz

There was a way to enable real time PID values but I can't seem to remember or be able to find it with search. Anyone remember how to make them display on the status page?

https://github.com/CapnBry/HeaterMeter/wiki/PID-Tuning

While logged in to LinkMeter and on the Home screen, press 'P' on your keyboard to open the "PID Debug" information screen. Here you'll see up-to-the-second information on what factors are driving the output. This data can be used to tune your PID constants.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd recommend the procedure Steve_M outlined, but uncheck the "Keep settings" box. You'll lose your config but at least you'll get back to a known clean configuration. Reflashing the image (with either Win32DiskImager or the webui) will just re-import your old settings and get you nowhere.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd recommend the procedure Steve_M outlined, but uncheck the "Keep settings" box. You'll lose your config but at least you'll get back to a known clean configuration. Reflashing the image (with either Win32DiskImager or the webui) will just re-import your old settings and get you nowhere.

Bryan:
Thanks again. Got everything back. Now if I want to change the back ground to ones others have posted all I do is copy the few lines the have posted and paste that into the user css? I don't have to look for each line?

Sam

heres a cool pic, may use this for mine.

fire.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bryan:
Thanks again. Got everything back. Now if I want to change the back ground to ones others have posted all I do is copy the few lines the have posted and paste that into the user css? I don't have to look for each line?

Sam

Sam, did you ever get this? The background image should be the only sticking point. To change it, you'd either need to copy a new one to the HM like I did, or you'd need to reference it in the CSS like the others did. Both ways have their challenges. Obviously, if you copy it to your HM, you have to know how to get around the filesystem a little. But, if you reference it in CSS, you have to put the image somewhere that your HM can see it. You could put it somewhere like Dropbox or imgur. Then, you would reference the URL in the CSS. I think if you are completely new to this, either one will probably be a little confusing. I'll be glad to try and help you get the image you want working.

But, if you reference it in CSS, you have to put the image somewhere that your HM can see it. You could put it somewhere like Dropbox or imgur. Then, you would reference the URL in the CSS. I think if you are completely new to this, either one will probably be a little confusing. I'll be glad to try and help you get the image you want working.

FYI - The HM doesn't need to see the referenced image in the CSS, only the client browser does. This is ideal because you can use large images and the HM is not tasked with sending the image to the browser. This only becomes a problem if the computer/phone/tablet you're using doesn't have internet access.

FYI - The HM doesn't need to see the referenced image in the CSS, only the client browser does. This is ideal because you can use large images and the HM is not tasked with sending the image to the browser. This only becomes a problem if the computer/phone/tablet you're using doesn't have internet access.

You are absolutely right. I wasn't thinking, which is often the case :confused:. Thanks for correcting me.

Back