How’s Your Sriracha Stash?

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Here in Costa Rica I only encountered the “Uni-Eagle” and “Roland” Brands made in Thailand which costs around $9.

Attachments

• B3A147F0-27B3-4B4D-AFE3-101488810939.jpeg
    B3A147F0-27B3-4B4D-AFE3-101488810939.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5
:LOL: I haven't tried it on hot dogs but it's great on everything that you would put ketchup on. I haven't had hot dogs since that thread got started but I will use it when I have some hot dogs.(y)

I think I got my current bottle on Amazon at a higher than normal price, now even they are out. The stores have brands I never heard of but a friend told me Trader Joe's has a decent substitute in their brand.

I've had a few decent ones even though I have 3-4 unopened bottles of Huy Fong.
Tabasco brand is very good.
Texas Pete's Cha is very good.
I've had the Trader Joes in the past and unless they've changed the recipe, I found it weird.

Almost a full bottle of Huy Fong that Miriam bought several years ago. I leave it prominently displayed in the fridge so she doesn't buy another one to sit & rot :)

I have half a large bottle at home and three quarters of a small bottle at work.
Probably be able to go another year before I need to be concerned.

Wife just bought a new bottle of Ox Brand we have always used Huy Fong and we go thru a fair amount during the year. Use it for lots of stuff I hope she did not make a mistake but looking at Kroger where she bought it looks like it is 3.99 a bottle but they did have Huy Fong available for 4.19. Why she did not buy Huy Fong maybe they were out of stock cause there are some things I will not buy that are generic or whatever you want to call them and number one on the list is she bought a Dijon Mustard that was not Grey Poupon and it was a well known brand their version it did not come close. I had to gently say please do not buy it again, used half a bottle and went out and bought the Gray Poupon for myself. :)

I've had a few decent ones even though I have 3-4 unopened bottles of Huy Fong.
Tabasco brand is very good.
Texas Pete's Cha is very good.
I've had the Trader Joes in the past and unless they've changed the recipe, I found it weird.
Does your bottles of “Huy Fong” have an expiration date?

I have to look. I have a small bottle unopened here and large unopened at our beach house. Ill look. Good question.
Here in Costa Rica they put an expiration date on many commercial food products as pictured in the attached photo as my bottle expires in 7/2024. I interpret that after the expiration date expires means“eat at your own risk” as they also label certain other commercial food products “Best eaten by a certain date for maximum flavor”.

Attachments

• 03641E58-FF8E-4D16-B4B9-E4B656BB8EB3.jpeg
    03641E58-FF8E-4D16-B4B9-E4B656BB8EB3.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back