Curb Alert !!!

I agree Tom. with both assertions. Out east too. NY and Boston area seem to have a lot of great rehab candidates pop up.

I agree Tom. with both assertions. Out east too. NY and Boston area seem to have a lot of great rehab candidates pop up.
It’s funny how the grass is always greener somewhere else. I’m in Upstate NY and don’t consider my area to be a hotspot of finds. To me, the Weber bargains in the Northeast seem to regularly pop up in NJ and out on Long Island. For whatever reason, MA & NH both have had an abundance of non-Weber items to interest me of late (tools).

Last edited:
It’s funny how the grass is always greener somewhere else. I’m in Upstate NY and don’t consider my area to be a hotspot of finds. To me, the Weber bargains in the Northeast seem to regularly pop up in NJ and out on Long Island. For whatever reason, MA & NH both have had an abundance of non-Weber items to interest me of lately (tools).
From what I see, good deals on used Weber grills runs hot and cold around here.

Nothing good for weeks and then two or three in the period of a few days.

And yes, Long Island seems to have good deals across the board for whatever I might be interested in, but generally never good enough that I would deal with the traffic to get them.

I've only been infected with Weberitis for about a year and a half and seven grills was about six months ago. My wife has had few complaints about how many I need, as she's only seen about five. My interest in old bicycles taught me how to strategically store stuff.:sneaky:
She only needs one pair of shoes. 😄

I use the “familiarity deception” technique on my wife with my guns and grills. Most of my rifles are walnut stocked guns with blued barrels. I can walk one in or out the door at any time and she has no idea whether it is a new acquisition or one I’ve already owned for years. It‘s pretty much the same with black lid Webers. She’s completely numb to seeing them in the back of the truck. As long as she does’t go poking around the back of the garage or stealing glances into my gun safes, both hobbies should remain benevolently enjoyable for me.

Do you ride around with black lidded Genesis grills on a regular basis enough to make it seem like just another day of getting the grill out for a little fresh air and sun?
My truck has a tonneau cover on it so out of sight is sometimes out of mind as well. I assure you there’s no sun or fresh air to be had under there, though. Honestly, I’ve ridden grills around in the back for weeks at a time before unloading them, especially during the dead of winter. Lately, I’ve started to strip grills down at work on my breaks where I can put the unusable stuff directly into the scrap pile there while only keeping the good stuff for re-sale or re-use in the home shop. I’ve pretty well trained myself to drop the tailgate before the wife and I leave the house for any other truck related errands just to make sure to I don’t need to unload a forgotten grill or grill parts first. Those are the moments when Mrs Weber Guy usually sees the by-products of my activities.

Not free but a cool grill... There's a 1972 natural gas Kettle (red) for sale in Burbank Illinois on eBay. Guy wants 299 for it. All the gas parts are uninstalled and look new. Wonder if this grill might have never been set up (NOS). If it was closer I'd need to see if it fits in a Prius...

Back