Curb Alert !!!

Well, too bad it has been bastardized and the rusted out slide rails could be a big issue as well. I have no real affinity for the logo on the grill but I like the blue. I will be surprised if he gets over $50 for the grill.

96 Genesis 3000 Special American Frozen Foods Edition., Milton MA, $200 obo
Pretty lid. Note flavorizer bars....
View attachment 83194
Also note the custom holes hogged out with a step drill on either side of the cook box to accommodate what I can only guess to be an aftermarket rotisserie, perhaps?

!st Gen SSP, maybe? As an avowed gasser, I have to admit that I wouldn’t know for certain one way or the other but I’ve watched it drop steadily in price for a while now. I’ve almost convinced myself to throw a $50 offer at it and make a run at restoring / flipping my first coal burner. If nothing else, it can sit next to the unused Char Q in my collection when it’s done. Part of my reason for sharing is the hope that someone else will grab it first and save me from myself.

IMG_0395.jpeg

Looks like a pretty decent deal on a classic Weber that is getting a little rarer each day. Sure, the internals are toast, but the main thing would be to see that the kettle itself doesn't have burn-through or excessive damage. The frame on those is pretty robust (similar to the old Genesis). I would think any rust can be remedied, but a closer look is still important.

!st Gen SSP, maybe? As an avowed gasser, I have to admit that I wouldn’t know for certain one way or the other but I’ve watched it drop steadily in price for a while now. I’ve almost convinced myself to throw a $50 offer at it and make a run at restoring / flipping my first coal burner. If nothing else, it can sit next to the unused Char Q in my collection when it’s done. Part of my reason for sharing is the hope that someone else will grab it first and save me from myself.

View attachment 83640
You neeeeeeeeeeeeeed this SSP. In my opinion, steak tastes better over charcoal.

It looks like a steal at $75. Looks to be mostly complete and in very good shape. Deep clean, change out to hinged grill grate $40, replace gas burner/ignition $45, replacement thermometer, and maybe a new LP tank if too old. You get a great grill for decades.

This SSP a gateway gasser. My SSP was made the step from decades of only charcoal easier to going to the dark side of adding a full on gasser. The SSP and this forum, that is.

That's very bizarre. Doesn't really seem to be coming from the side burner itself. I am thinking it might be an odd reflection. Light and angles doe strange things in photos. I saw one of a "Kentucky Big Foot" that when really closely examined turned out to be a bird taking off!

That's very bizarre. Doesn't really seem to be coming from the side burner itself. I am thinking it might be an odd reflection. Light and angles doe strange things in photos. I saw one of a "Kentucky Big Foot" that when really closely examined turned out to be a bird taking off!
I still think it might be a flame, some reflection of the flame in the top part of the side burner lid. Or it's the angry ghost of a red squirrel, since that's kind of the shape it takes 😂

Too bad. Is it gone now? Still has the condiment basket but it looks like the bottom rack is gone.

Back