Curb Alert !!!

Yes and the inside of the cabinet is probably all rusted out as well. Most parts for those grills are fairly expensive if you can get them as well.

I have a brand new fire box, burners and flavorizers for that model.
I also have many used parts that are still in decent condition- grates,
smoke box, lid, doors, etc. Asking $300

It's def an old metal shed that someone turned into a smoker. I'm with Fred, unless you are planning to smoke and store dried meat for the apocalypse, that's too big 😂

Yes, I sold it.
If I had known, i would have bought it for my brother. Darn. Really nice work. You the man. Which this site is loaded with. (Both male and female.) Well if any one has one that nice, make sure I see the ad.

My brother has been messing around with off brands. Such a waste, but not enough cash to splash on new ones. What a beauty

Hi Tom,

Do the platypus grills disassemble easily? It doesn’t look like it folds up
I don't it folds up.

Here's a link to a posting with the bowl replacement instructions.

One thing about the platypus is it looks WAY more stable than the 3 leg ones. I've owned a couple of 3 legs from brand new. And I always hated how wobbly they are. If I found a platypus I might grab one for a "backyard" grill

It is more stable and has a smaller footprint then the Performer. I also like that it has tables on both sides, even if they are relatively small. It apparently was a market failure, but I like them very much. A lot of people complain about the center vent/front handle. I suppose an upgrade would be to replace the lid with a conventional one and add a hinge for the lid in the back instead of using the rear lid bale.

Back