Curb Alert !!!

Another unicorn I would at least like to see in person one time. I have only seen a few for sale, none that were natural gas, post mounted like that one.

I believe Larry @LMichaels has had some kind of indirect experience with those. What I recall him saying is consistent with the lack of success Weber had in the market with them. Nice idea, but not great cookers. At least they made the engineers at Weber go back to the drawing board and develop the original Genesis.

That all said, one of those would be fun to at least see. For a more reasonable price, I would like to own one to save it for posterity.

My parents had one. It was an absolutely awful grill. Only thing(s) it could do well, singe your eyebrows off when it exploded during lighting, incinerate nearly anything you tried to cook, no matter how you set it up. They did not live long in the Weber lineup and for good reason. Honestly hard to understand the nostalgia for them

I hope it gets rescued, but it looks like it is missing one of the all important glass doors.

View attachment 84762

View attachment 84763
Looks like a stationary grill - not a cart. Not the built-in type that gets bolted down (with the skinny frame) but intended to sit on the ground and be stable on its own. Never seen one of these.

I like the Gen 2 performers, especially the blue ones.. I might have gone after this one if I didn't have the WSK.

1704573750347.png

$50 I wonder if they have the left side table.

1705439401767.png

special edition has round SS grates. Not sure what the other things are.

1705439490648.png

$50 I wonder if they have the left side table.

View attachment 85265

special edition has round SS grates. Not sure what the other things are.

View attachment 85266

Seems like I saw those advertised somewhere. I don't remember if they are cast iron or what, but it was a sear alternative to GrillGrate grates.

Those are nothing like GrillGrates. They're a commercial product meant for the large restaurant char grillers that they basically heat up in the AM and run flat out all day every day. I actually looked at a grill about 7 or so years ago a person had on their deck. For the life of me I can't remember the brand. But, it was made for commercial duty and heavy. This thing was such a tank it made my Wolf look like a Weber Spirit in comparison. Huge cast stainless burners, heat tents were large 304SS and VERY thick and with ceramic briquettes on them as well. That grill was made to run 24/7 and put out heat that could likely keep a city block warm.
Anyway that is what those grates are and trust me absolutely no comparison to those little pieces of aluminum

Not free but a cool grill... There's a 1972 natural gas Kettle (red) for sale in Burbank Illinois on eBay. Guy wants 299 for it. All the gas parts are uninstalled and look new. Wonder if this grill might have never been set up (NOS). If it was closer I'd need to see if it fits in a Prius...

That would fit in my backpack if it was closer and half that price!
I’ve got a stub in a good spot in the “grilling zone” but, Larry has brought a certain reality back to the fore so, I will let discretion be the better part of valor!
Really, thanks Larry! I do NOT need or really want one more…..

Back