Chicken Cordon Bleu

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
2nd cook on the 14.5" and I chose a bacon wrapped fattie to help get some seasoning in the cooker.

Prep:

null_zpse3fd827d.jpg

Cooked and served with a sweet potato:

null_zpsa29d4ee9.jpg

This little cooker holds a very solid temp. I made two adjustments on this short 2.5 hr cook: one on the way up to catch my cooking temp of 250*F and the second when I overshot it by 25*F. She settled in right at 260*F with an empty foiled pan, all three lower vents barely open, and the top vent ~ 25% closed. It seems like it's cheating.

Last edited:
That is excellent Dwain, never used one of the smaller cookers but your results are amazing. Well done my Friend

Dwain, I had been thinking about how to do a chicken cordon blue, but I had not thought about treating it like a fatty. Well done sir, I salute you!

Thanks for the good words fellas.

Dwain, I had been thinking about how to do a chicken cordon blue, but I had not thought about treating it like a fatty. Well done sir, I salute you!

James, I wish I could take credit but I got this idea off the internet. I lost a lot of the cheese from this one. I do not have a recommendation on how to keep the cheese inside... yet. If you figure it out let me know!

Back