Calling all pizza makers

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
We to a gathering where pizza was made in pans on a Traeger. I usually cook my pizzas on pans or CI in 550 oven. After doing some online research, I found many different way to cook pizza on a grill.

What is everyone’s go to way of grill cooked pizza. I want to revisit pizza on either the E6 or Genesis II.
Thanks in advance.

I want to revisit pizza on either the E6 or Genesis II.

Before I bought the E6 I would do summer pizza cooks on my E330.

I ended up with two stones with an air gap which allowed me to run all the burners on high. This gave me lid temps around 650F, and stone temps also about 650F. When I only had one stone I had stone temps around 800F which burned the crust before the toppings were done. the "air gap" was three ceramic feet from a BGE.

A downside was running the E330 full wide open burns 48K BTUs, so about an hour to preheat, then another hour or so cooking goes through a lot of propane. The other thing I learned was to turn the burners down before opening the lid to remove the pizza as it was freaking hot and the heat rolling off the front of the stone was hair scorching hot.

1689012226410.png

I've found that turning a muffin tin upside-down on the grate and setting the pizza, in a pan, on top of the it allows me to cook over a hot coal bed in the kettle without burning the crust.

Not cooking pizzas outside anymore since getting the Pizzaz Plus rotating oven. It's just too easy and doesn't heat up the kitchen. Being a lazy fat guy, it works for me :)

I was wondering why you want to start this thread in the end of December as I cook pizza in the oven in the winter to get some extra heat. Then I looked and saw that you are in CA;-) Sometimes I forget it is not cold everywhere...
20220825_121300.jpg20220911_130755.jpg

I just started making pizza on my Weber gas, so I am a newbie. Super easy. Made one the other night. I get the dough from a local grocery, roll it out with some flour and olive oil, put it straight on the grates ( I have a pizza stone, but haven't used it on the grill). I leave it on the grates for about 3-4 minutes to let it bake a bit and get grill marks, take it off and flip it to put on the ingredients off the grill, and then place it back on for around 5-6 minutes until the cheese melts. Very simple. One of these days I will get a pizza peel, but now just use a couple of spatulas. Note that the "J" shaped pizza was due to the fact that one of the dogs got on the counter and ate half the dough before I put it on while I was having a beverage and waiting for the grill to heat up!

Attachments

• 20231210_192324.jpg
    20231210_192324.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20231230_195754.jpg
    20231230_195754.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 3

Back