Yikes...Butts are done early...

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hey all, my butts are done early. It's 9:30am and my guests are arriving at 3:30pm with dinner technically being served at 5:30pm.

Newbie question here but... should I foil (Hate to do this) the butts whole, put them in a cooler and hold until 3 or so, then pull?

Or...

Should I take em off the smoker now, pull em, and hold them in a cooler wrapped in foil.

Using the latter method should I skip the cooler and refridgerate and reheat when the guest get there.

Right now the pork is at 191 and the grill is holding true at 220, so I can probably reduce the the heat and push them for another hour or so before doing anything, right...?

Help me...Help me
icon_wink.gif

I would leave them on the cooker, without foil, and let them go on up as high as 198 to 200. This will only make them better as more fat renders. It will also give you another 1 to 2 hours. Then, wrap in HD foil and put in an empty cooler with towels. You can easily hold for 5 hours which should be about right to take them out and start pulling.

Paul

I would do the same thing Paul, keep that temp low on the WSM and take em up a little higher. If you get them to 200, doble wrap in HD foil, then wrap in a big towel and place in a good cooler, the temps will hold for at least 5-6 hours.

Back