Yay or Nay?

Total cook time?

I usually cook chicken on the Genesis 1000 M-O-M for 45 minutes give or take, and limited peeking.

But I am not even in the same league as you and Dan
Breasts were done in 25 mins at that 400°/425° temp. Bone in quarters were 40 mins at same temp. Probed w Weber thermometer above 170° and pulled and rested them.

10 min grill burn off lid closed to kill the residual junk.

Breasts were done in 25 mins at that 400°/425° temp. Bone in quarters were 40 mins at same temp. Probed w Weber thermometer above 170° and pulled and rested them.

10 min grill burn off lid closed to kill the residual junk.
Did you turn the chicken?

I like the way the chicken cooks on the gas grill.

I get it around 375 with M-O-M and put the breasts or thighs skin side up and leave them.

The skin is a nice golden brown and crispy after the 45 minutes or maybe longer.

But like I said, set it and forget it for the most part until the time is up.

I have switched to cooking on the WSC for the most part, and that is a different animal.

Now I am going to cook some breasts on the gasser this weekend because of this thread.

I get it around 375 with M-O-M and put the breasts or thighs skin side up and leave them.

The skin is a nice golden brown and crispy after the 45 minutes or maybe longer.

I have switched to cooking on the WSC for the most part, and that is a different animal.

Now I am going to cook some breasts on the gasser this weekend because of this thread.
Started on direct high heat to sear the skin side and the beauty side of the breasts.

Then full indirect in touched.

The breasts were okay, a little dry due to me watching time only. Should have pulled sooner. Also these were kosher pieces and from frozen to thaw so not optimal fresh as I’d prefer.

If you’re doing boneless skin on breasts, I’d high heat sear them and then go to a 350° cook. I personally like a dry brine, salt only chicken, 8-10 hours dry brined in the fridge.

More than that dry brine and I don’t like the chicken’s texture.

Gasser is okay. Completely different than WSK. I prefer WSK by miles. But that’s not an option here.

Bone in skin on dark meat handles the heat better, at 400°. I just prefer plump, big, full, juicy breasts 😉

Italian dressing FTW! They always taste great. But make your own dressing!

Back