WSM weber work table

KeithG

TVWBB Fan
Hello all,

I just wanted to post a quick thread on adding the Weber Work Table (model 7412 or 7413) to the WSM. I saw a thread on here about someone who did it, so I thought I give it a try.

It is extremely easy to do and just wanted to confirm it works really well with the WSM. I will try to take some pictures if anyone wants to see it, but it is a really easy installation:

1. First, you use the inside mounting positions for the brackets (there are inner mounting places for 18.5" and outside mounting places for 22.5" grills). Just install the brackets in the inner positions per directions.

2. Next, you will use the 22.5" plastice feet inserts for the bottom of the legs. Yes, the 22.5" ones and not the 18.5" ones which are really just caps for the legs. The 22.5" ones are about 2" taller and you need that to make the table level when attaching to the WSM. Once you put the feet in the legs, just attach the legs to the bottom of the table per the directions.

3. Finally, you just need to squeeze the clip end of the brackets with pliers (which attach to the WSM) so that the clip piece that slides over the WSM edge is straight down and not angled. This really helps minimize the space taken up by the clip and allows room for the lid to fit nicely.

It is very sturdy and looks great. I think model 7413 is the newer model # but is the same table from what I can tell.

Hope this helps.

Kg

Keith,

I have seriously though about this as well but I haven't purchased a table yet. I would love to have a table to put the thermometer and other stuff on, yet easy to remove after the cook. Would you have a picture on how you modified the clips?

Does anyone know the difference between the 7412 and 7413? When looking at photos the only difference I see are the feet on the legs, it looks like the legs on the 7413 are height adjustable?

Weber_Work_Table_7412.jpg

Weber_Work_Table_7413.jpg

And have anyone seen or used this table? It’s a Weber Style Barbecue Table (#17110) says that it fits both 18.5" and 22" grills and can be adjusted to three different heights. Found it in a couple of European web shops (UK and Sweden)
Weber_Style_17110.jpg

Weber Style Barbecue Table (#17110)
Wow, I really like that last table too.
If you are just looking for something to put your thermometer and maybe some other little stuff wouldn't this work just fine and a heck of a lot cheaper:
519FA02BZ0L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Amazon has it for $12.99 with free shipping with $25 order.

Jonas,

I like that last table as well. Wish I would have known about that one.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the pics, that is the first time I have seen the pic of the 7413 model. I do not have that one as my feet are different. The 7412 works great, so don't be afraid to purchase that one if that is all you can find. I will take some pics of the clips tomorrow or Friday when I can get a chance to get in the shed.

It is a very easy mod and definitely worth it if you don't mind the price.

Kg

Jonas: I didn't have a chance to take a pic last night due to my son's baseball practice, but should have time tonight.

Kg

Jonas,

Here is a pic of the clip after I bent the vertical piece pointing down. In the pic it is now pointing straight down. The way it comes in the box it is angled out away from the rest of the bracket about 15-20 degrees. I just used pliers to pinch it straight down. Hopefully that makes sense.

Good luck,
Kg

webertableclip.jpg

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the picture, as they say a picture says a thousand words. This will for sure help. All I have to do now is to get myself a table.

Cheers

Originally posted by Chuck Piercy:
You should search previous postings a topic before creating a new one, It may save some effort :)

Understand Chuck. In my original post on this thread, I referred to earlier threads I found on my searches and I just wanted to confirm that it indeed worked well and was very easy. Thanks for the idea.

Kg

Back