WSM Security - pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Kiess

TVWBB All-Star
After having my original WSM stolen (see I've Been Robbed!), I decided to make sure I could secure it when I leave outside - especially when it's in view.

I purchased a spool of 1/8" cable, an eyebolt and a scew-in eye. I put loops in each end of the cable, looped one end through the handle. Then I ran the cable through an eyebolt on the side mounted through one of the rack support brackets. Then the cable runs though one of the feet. From there the cable runs to an eye screwed into a fence post and secured with a padlock.

Here are pictures:
Secure 1
Secure 2

As you can see, there's enough slack in the cable so I can unassemble the WSM to fire it up.

Joel

Great pics, Joel! Add a Guard Dog and a roof top sniper and you've got it made
icon_cool.gif
Just kidding!
It's so unfortunate that it comes to this to protect a $200 investment
icon_frown.gif

Joel, I still like the idea of hooking up a 220 line to it just for backup.
icon_razz.gif
Hope you don't ever have to go through this again.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

I am thinking of adding a sign that says " WARNING! HIGH VOLTAGE!! " and at least a fake
icon_wink.gif
electrical cord.

Should I attach the end of the cable to the dogs collar?

Not bad if you can make sure that the critters checking yesterdays cook don't set it off. I can see it know . . .

2:30am ~ 120db alarm wakes neighbors and household ~ Culprit: Hungry Possum

1:10am previous day~ neighborhood awaken ~ Curious Raccoon on the prowl. LOL!

Anyone know how sensitive these alarms are?

Good idea, Shawn ~ Thanks for the post
icon_wink.gif
(Great price, too)

I take my smoker up to northern california lakes and we have bears up there. While it's cooking, they have left it alone. I don't think they like smoke. But I haven't had the courage to try salmon while up in the mountains.

Shawn, Excellent what a great idea. There goes another $20.00
icon_rolleyes.gif
Come on Chet where's your sense of adventure
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone know how sensitive these alarms are?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I assume the unit has a motion sensor; that's what they mean by 'tamper detection', but it doesn't actually say it has a motion sensor. If it does have one it would be nice to know if the sensitivty is adjustable or if the motion sensor can be shut off. They could provide a little more info.

Oh man - thanks a lot Shawn. I'm right behind Bryan at the order desk.

If I get one of those, people will start thinking that it must really be worth stealing.

Shawn, just ordered one of the grill alarms today. Figured it be a good investment for the new Summit Gold D Thanks for the link.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

Bill, You funny.
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll give you my old kemore so every time you want to use it you have to clean out the rust in the cast iron burners.
icon_mad.gif
What a P O S. Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Shawn, just ordered one of the grill alarms today. Figured it be a good investment for the new Summit Gold D Thanks for the link.
icon_wink.gif
Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> NP Bryan. Perhaps you should post the combination, you know, for safe keeping .... in .. case you ... forget, ya forget the combination
icon_smile.gif

Can ya let me know if it has a motion sensor and adjustable sensitivity? thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back