WSM Rotisserie Mod - Pictures

Joel Kiess

TVWBB All-Star
Saw this in two places at the Iowa State Championship today, in Marshalltown. I think it may have been discussed elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Bare Bones BBQ team had one of their 18' modded for rotisserie

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

And here is a similar mod on a 22" at another team

IMG_1245.jpg

RD

The rotisserie motor, spit, and hanger, are all factory Weber, for the 22.5 kettle, not sure about the basket.

I love the windbreak for the 22". I laugh at the troubles people have with the wind at comps. Before my first time competing a older, wiser pit man told me to be wary of the wind when using uprights like the wsm. I took it to heart and never travel without mine. and they always generate a ton of interest everywhere we take them.

that basket pic gave me a new idea for our comp thighs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
Anyone know what make and model that rotisserie is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a Weber spit rod, mount and motor with a Char-Broil basket, which Lowes has for @ $8.

Does the basket just screw onto the rod? If so, does anyone know of larger baskets that would mimic the E-Z Que 8" baskets that are not available? I would want to hold a roast on the spit.

The Char-Broil basket has 2 cheesy little thumbscrews that secure the basket to the spit rod. I've replaced mine with stainless steel eyebolts that are easier to R&R the basket.
There are some cylindrical tumble rotis baskets out there, but you won't get a roast on one of those.

wait a second ? I have the weber kettle rotisserie on my one touch. If I drill holes in my WSM, would I be able to mount this bad boy ??? HMMmmm ???

yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simon j:
wait a second ? I have the weber kettle rotisserie on my one touch. If I drill holes in my WSM, would I be able to mount this bad boy ??? HMMmmm ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back