WSM Ribs capacity

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I am planning on smoking some ribs for the guys at work this coming week and will be bringing my WSM. I was thinking of buying two cryovac pkgs of ribs from the local costco. Can I get three rolled racks per level? How about 4 or 5 racks per level? About how many people can this realistically feed? There will be a pot of beans and some tater salad. Thanks so much...

Charboil and Brinkman both sale rib racks that would easily allow for 5 racks per grate. Should run you about 8 to 12 dollars each for the rib racks.
Jim

I'm not familiar with how Costco trims but you'll get more in if you can get rib racks, as Jim says. I can only get 3 rolled racks per level; the racks I get are large. I feed 3-4 people/rack usually, 2-3 if I've got big eaters in the bunch. Make, buy, or steal some cornbread or biscuits and have ample quantities of sides available (maybe add in some slaw) to stretch out the mouths-to-feed potential. However, if your ribs are as delectable as I'm sure they'll be, all bets are off.

I assume you are talking about B-Backs ribs? I just bought the Charbroil rack but have not tried it yet. Hope to next w/e. If you have an extra cooking grate sitting around, some have used beer cans as post to sit a 3rd cooking rack on so they have 3 levels to cook on.

Back