WSM purchase

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

After seeing Chris' posted message of free shipping and no sales tax (in Ca) from Amazon, I finally ordered one. Boy am I excited, especially after not finding one at Barbecues Galore.
In the meantime, I had been putting out some passable Que from a Weber Kettle. For the past 15 years I've always done turkeys for Thanksgiving on the kettle and never failed.
This year, I decided to do one with a Cajun Injector filled with a Korean-type sauce. I tested it on a chicken for tonight's dinner. It was awesome!!!
My Santa's wish list for the WSM:
A Brinkmann water pan.
NU-701 wireless thermometer with two probes.
Ceramic braiding to protect the probe ala Webb Collings.
An extra charcoal grate to prevent charcoal pieces from falling through.
An endless supply of beef/pork /chicken.

Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Roy,
Welcome to a great group. I wouldn't have gotten a WSM except for this site. I didn't even know Weber made such a thing even though I've been using Kettles for 25 years!!
That being said,you might want to add arib rack to your wish list. There are several available and I think there is athread somewhere on the site about them. I have some vertical racks I got at the Corning/Revere store at the outlet mall. With these I can cook 4 chickens or 4 ducks at the same time. They are also large enough to support a small(12lb)turkey. Good luck and hope you get some more ideas from other people. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Looks like you have your priorities right - especially with the part about the endless amounts of meat !!!

Very important - don't forget a Weber Charcoal chimney to get the fires started... They are so amazing - and really helps to cut down on fire starting frustration!!!

Enjoy - and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back