WSM Jacket

I have one for my 18 inch WSM. I use it during the couple of months in the winter when the night time temps get pretty low. It works great to stabilize temps and to insulate the cooker. I've gotten 16 hours in 30 degree weather and still had enough charcoal left for a chicken cook using the Smoking Jacket.

I can't speak to how it might work at minimizing the effect of wind, but as an insulating blanket, it's a great tool.

Pat

Thanx Pat. It gets quite cold here during the winter normally but being right on the water and nothing stopping the wind wow hahaha.

I have a jacket and use it through the Colorado Winters. I've even used it through a major blizzard.

I've also used it through thunder and lightning storms with allot of wind. The wind can just suck the heat out of the smoker and the jacket stops it.

Cool Clay thanx for the info. I've had my eye on the jacket for a while. Might have to give it a go.

I've had one for my 18" and 22" WSM. It's a required purchase as far as I'm concerned in cold, windy environments.

I don't have the BBQ Guru jacket - I made my own, but the result should be the same.

I use my jacket in all weathers - Wind, rain, snow and sunshine. It really helps stabilise temperatures, and reduces the amount of charcoal used. I agree with Ed, that it's a required purchase in cold, windy environments.

-Mark.

I'm saving for it for sure. It's amazing how windy it can get here! This is a pic from my back door.
sun.jpg

No protection from the wind! But ahhh what a view!

Back