WSM getting a workout

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
My wife has some co-workers from her old job in NY visiting Houston. Rather than take them out to dinner, she is bringing them home tonight. I have two 6 lb roasters on the WSM now. My special baked beans and skillet cornbread are also on the menu. I used one of the rubs from Paul Kirks little book for the chicken. They were not injected or brined.

The inlaws are visiting this weekend. Since we're going to the Astros game Friday night, I'm planning on some afternoon appetizers of smoked chicken wings and possibly some beef ribs.

Saturday night might be spareribs. I have to see what they are in the mood for. The overnight cook of brisket starts Saturday night for Sunday afternoon. I have a 15 lb brisket that's been aging in the fridge in the cryovac packaging since Memorial Day weekend.

Tuesday, my wife is having her old boss and possibly his boss (and maybe the wife's boss) over for dinner since they are in town. Ribs have been requested.

I might have to make a charcoal run one of these days. I'm down to 1.5 bags of new Kingsford and one bag of Royal Oak. The only major thing not being cooked would be a pork butt. Hmm...there is always Monday...
icon_smile.gif

Back